cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 50 minute plan

eneusta1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a $10 50 minute plan.

a) how do I know if the minutes are up... I can see history but there is no download so I can add up the lines.

b) I read that you can early-renew the plan to get a fresh 50 mins... I just put anohter $10 on the account. Does that mean I renew or do I have to do something else to trigger the early refresh of the account?

p.s.  This is not my own phone.. I pay for this phone for my handicapped brother, who cannot read. I do not have the phone WITH me. but was hoping to see the status of consumed minutes via online portal.

6 REPLIES 6

funpig
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have the $10 plan for my 90 yr old dad and added 1 $5/500 min talk add-on just in case he goes over 50 min (very rare for him).

If you brother does a lot of texting, you should consider the $15 plan.

If texts running out (incoming or outgoing), the $15 would be a good choice.  Unlimited texting in and out, United incoming calls, and a starting 100-minute outgoing calls Canada-Wide.  Additional minutes can be added as mentioned above for $5/500 CanadaWide minutes.

An immediate plan change to this will get him up and running but will forfeit remaining time on current $10 plan.  Scheduling a plan change for next renewal will setup the $15 for the next cycle, but getting $5/500 minutes now will continue the current $10 plan to renewal.

All outgoing calls on limited plans are rounded up to the next minute.  Example 1 minute and 3-second call = 2 minutes.  Ringing and talk time both included.

Calls to check voicemail from the mobile device are considered chargeable (outgoing) calls.  Checking voice mail from another phone will not be charged.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@eneusta1 , for all items with limited usage, you will see the usage in the overview tab, add-on box.  There's a bit of a quirk in the system in that if the usage is consumed, the item disappears from that box.  

With respect to your question about renewing, adding funds does not invoke a renewal.  You have to manually renew early.  There's also a restriction on early renewal of the existing plan.  Customers can't do it themselves.  Moderator team assistance is required.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

In you case if the minutes are used up, I suggest buying the $5 for 500 Canada wide calling add-on.  These minutes will supplement the minutes in the plan and do not expire.  Unfortunately, there's no text add-on option.  Hope this information answer you questions.

@eneusta1 

It might be cheaper for you to buy the $5 for 500 Cdn minutes add on.  Unused minutes roll over to next month.  There is no text add on though.

Contacting moderator takes time to renew plan earlier.  There is minutes counter in the self servic account in overview page. 

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

On the first overview page, you will find mins/50, and #of text message/50. if you consume up to 40 mins or 40 text messages, you also will get message from public mobile to let you know. If you put the money in your acct, it does not mean you renewed, if you want to renew early, you need to contact Moderator Team, to contact Public Mobile click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@eneusta1 

You will get a text saying you have 10 minutes left. You will also get a text saying you have 10 texts left.

You need to ask the moderators to do an early renewal.

Lower down under My Data & Add-ons shows your valid counted features.

Need Help? Let's chat.