cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 30Day offer + In Canada Data Add-Ons $10 for 200MB

dreamboats198
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi, Im keen on switching to PM. Can I opt for the call only $10 for 30Day ( I would like to carry forward my existing number which is with Chatr) and add the $10 for 200MB, bringing my total to $20? If Yes- how do I go about this?

11 REPLIES 11

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@dreamboats198, I would caution you about keeping your out of Province number.

Althouh a local number is always no charge for you to call, other in NS, whatever community it is, may incur long distance charges to reach you.  Doctors offices, local employer, friends and neighbours, local businesses included.

Its one thing to be from out of town, it’s a lot different from being out of Province.

But either way, welcome to Public Mobile!

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@wetcoaster
We need Public Mobile to follow PC Mobile. 🙂

A35C71A6-FE33-464F-9867-22A29E275734.jpeg

@dreamboats198 wrote:

Noted, thanks for replying so quick. Appreciate if you can clarify:

1.The 50 minutes calling is not applicable for receiving incoming calls - it's just for making the outbound calls

2. I would first need to sign up first for the $10 plan for30 Days and then once registered for that, I would go back and add $10 for 200MB data.

3.This data is carried forward to the next month if not exhausted in that month.

4. How would I know if my number can be ported before signing up as I've moved from ON to NS and am currently using Chatr which I believe runs off the Rogers network.

as mentioned by others 50 minutes is outgoing, incoming and also calls to your voicemail from your cell phone (after the initial set-up you can listen to your voicemails by dialing from another cell phone or landline and dial * (star) to get to the PIN entry prompt.

This plan is really meant for very low call usage / emergencies. While you can supplement it with the 200 or 400 minute long distance minute add-on for the times you are running out of minutes before renewal, there is no option of an add-on for text messages. As Public Mobile does NOT have pay-per-use rates (unlike ChatR) you might want to shift most of your conversations to data based messaging services or consider one of the plans with unlimited text if you regularly use more than 50 texts a month (also remember that texts over 160 characters will be broken down into several of this length and each of them counts towards your allotment.)

dreamboats198

noted with thanks !

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dreamboats198 wrote:

1.The 50 minutes calling is not applicable for receiving incoming calls - it's just for making the outbound calls

2. I would first need to sign up first for the $10 plan for30 Days and then once registered for that, I would go back and add $10 for 200MB data.

3.This data is carried forward to the next month if not exhausted in that month.

4. How would I know if my number can be ported before signing up as I've moved from ON to NS and am currently using Chatr which I believe runs off the Rogers network.

1.  50 minutes applies to both incoming and outgoing minutes.

2.  Correct.

3.  Correct

4.  PM will check your Chatr number first before allowing you to port your Chatr number to PM.  Keep you Chatr number active before you can port your number to PM.  If you port your ON number, you will be using an ON number in NS.  You NS friends will need long distance charge to call you.  But there is no long distance charge for your friends in ON to call you.

TMS

@dreamboats198 wrote:

1.) 50 minutes is for both incoming and outgoing calls

2.) yes

3.) yes

4.) The number will port to Public Mobile if with Chatr (Rogers) 🙂

dreamboats198

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dreamboats198 wrote:

Hi, Im keen on switching to PM. Can I opt for the call only $10 for 30Day ( I would like to carry forward my existing number which is with Chatr) and add the $10 for 200MB, bringing my total to $20? If Yes- how do I go about this?

Yes, you can get the $10 plan. 

1.  You can activate you $10 plan in-store or online.  Get a PM number to test the PM signal first.  If you are happy with the service, port your Chatr number to PM.

2.  In order to port your number out of Chatr, you need your Chatr account number.  But Chatr online does not give you your account number.  You need to call Chatr to get it.

3.  Getting PM add-on is a two steps process after getting your $10 plan activated.  First step is to add fund to your account.  After confirming that you have $10 available fund in your account, you can purchase the $10 200MB data add-on.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@dreamboats198 wrote:

@dreamboats198, yes you can but just be aware that this plan is for limited amounts.  50 Minutes of calling and only 50 outgoing texts.  Unlimited incoming texts.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

TMS

Go in store to Wow mobile, Walmart, London Drugs or K Mobile and have them activate Public Mobile SIM. Then add on the 200 MB data add on afterward 

TMS

You can select $10 plan (50 minutes + 50 outgoing texts, free incoming texts) and add the $10 - 200MB data add on after you’ve setup the $10 plan. 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.