cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1-8xx numbers

Techy76
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good morning.

Does calling 1-8xx toll free numbers use up your minutes on limited talk plans?
I'm looking to switch over from Virgin and would like to know how this compares. 
Thank you!

10 REPLIES 10

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Techy76 wrote:

Good morning.

I'm looking to switch over from Virgin and would like to know how this compares. 
Thank you!

@Techy76  Just out of curiosity does calling  toll free numbers use up minutes on a limited call plan with Virgin?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Steve_B 

I'm on the $10 plan. I'm just relaying my actual experience...not a brothers friends nephew. The $15 plan is probably the same. I suppose I could test that some time.

Must be another system bug but this one is in favor of the customer.  My preference is to rely on the official information even if wrong.  Who knows, one day it might be correct even if Public Mobile is known to foot drag on these kinds of things. 

As we know, there are several "system bug"s around here. So sure yeah if there's an official written statement then the benefit may disappear at some unknown time.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Steve_B 

I'm on the $10 plan. I'm just relaying my actual experience...not a brothers friends nephew. The $15 plan is probably the same. I suppose I could test that some time.

Must be another system bug but this one is in favor of the customer.  My preference is to rely on the official information even if wrong.  Who knows, one day it might be correct even if Public Mobile is known to foot drag on these kinds of things. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Techy76, take a look at this knowledge base article.  A call to a toll free number will count against the usage allotment.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Plans-amp-Add-Ons/ta-p/250167

Steve_B

Other things to take into account when looking to switch providers, is the coverage that they all provide. Sometimes going with the least expensive one will also give the least amount of coverage, making things very frustrating from a usage standpoint. Depending on where you are located, that's something to think about as well. Your budget is obviously your first consideration though, and since you can port numbers now and you don't need to be on a contract with PM, if after 30 days you're not liking it, you can go to another provider.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous not counting mins when you call 1-8xx? good to know.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Steve_B 

Steve_B

The reason I quote TELUS is because Public Mobile is owned by TELUS. When I used to have 500 mins per month and called 1800 numbers, I noticed that mins were deducted from my monthly plan.

Steve_B

According to a TELUS forum, 1-800 numbers are counted towards your plan. So if you call one, it will take minutes off of your plan. You wouldn't need to pay long distance at least, but it will still use your minutes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Techy76 wrote:

Good morning.

Thank you!

It has been my experience that minutes are not counted for *most* of the toll free numbers. I seem to think the more recent ones might but I haven't tested one in a while.

Need Help? Let's chat.