cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why my data is all used Up

lisalee1449
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I purchased $35 plan on April 25, so should have 3G of data, and I only use data for a while after April 25, but I cannot use my data today and notice my data usage is all disappeared, do you know why?  I even checked my usage history and it does not show any abnormal usage of my 3G data, please let me know why my remaining of data is all disappeared?  Thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

@Coka wrote:

@JL9 wrote:

Did you inadvertently turn off wifi connection on phone or forget to turn it back on,

But cell data should not take over if wifi is off? Why would phone switch to data if there is no wifi??

I am not aware of that option on Android.

@Coka   There is such option on both iOS and Android.  They are call Wifi Assist or Adaptive Wifi.  Idea is good, when the phone senses weak Wifi signal, it will swtich to Mobile Data for seamless browsing experience.  If you don't need it, make sure you turn it off

Coka
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@JL9 wrote:

Did you inadvertently turn off wifi connection on phone or forget to turn it back on,

But cell data should not take over if wifi is off? Why would phone switch to data if there is no wifi??

I am not aware of that option on Android.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@lisalee1449 

Did you change to the $35/3gb plan from a different plan? Or did your renewal occur on April 25th and that is your normal plan? If it's the former double check your plan details to ensure your plan change occurred as intended.

If it's your normal plan and/or your plan changed as intended add up each days two 12 hour time period reports of data usage going back to your renewal in April 25th to see if it adds up to 3gb. If it does not come close to that usage then it's possible your data counter did not reset upon renewal. If so you can contact customer support to investigate and reset your data counter.

To contact customer support :

Submit a support ticket via Simple--Simon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you prefer or cannot submit a support ticket you may send a private message : Click here 

To pre-verify add in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # & 4 digit account pin #

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Did you inadvertently turn off wifi connection on phone or forget to turn it back on, happens sometimes and then your data can be chewed up pretty quickly, especially if you are streaming video or downloading apps etc.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Look at your data usage history through self-serving account. That is the Most accurate usage tracking.

And if you do not see your data on main - Overview page that means you did use all data allowance for current billing period.

Watch out data allowance to be added on next renewal and monitor daily if needed.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Usage history on your phone? Or in the account? If you don't see data lines in your my data & add-ons then you have used it all.

Need Help? Let's chat.