cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when can i get a message from public to confirm my transfer to a new service provider?

YaTang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I choose a new service provider CTExcel yesterday. I am waiting you send me a message to confirm the transfer.

23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : Well...I could possibly live in a purely communist state...just not ANY authoritarian state of any flavour.

I am not giving my phone to a carrier from a Communist country.. 

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Ah, confusing lol. 

Yeah it's different. China Mobile is the largest operator in China, Unicom is second, and Telecom is third.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sheytoon said "Wow, China Telecom offers service in Canada now? Whose network are they using, and why do they charge $0.50 a minute for 911 calls in ON and QC?"

Man you guys are sleeping on the carrier game. I know so many carriers that operate in Canada It's not even funny. 

I talked about this a few months ago. They've been operating in Canada for years now. 

They have a strange agreement with Telus.

Not sure why they charge that. 

EDIT: Hmm, I'm confused, is this a different carrier than CMlink/China Mobile ?

@Yummy 

This company has been discussed in a different thread started by @BearFBI . Their service is on the telus network but more specifically for the OP and CTexcel's target market is offering a chinese number for facilitating business relationships between Canada and China.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I would be very cautious signing up with foreign mobile/internet/tv/whatever company.

And I doubt they can match PM prices and service (coverage). Be aware of promotion prices/services and small print.

I would take every google review with a lot of grains of salt. It is well known most are fake, done to either 'enhance' or 'downgrade' some brand/product.

I have not read any PM review before signing up so do not know why rating would be low.

You have to do your research before buying/signing up with service. I was well aware there is no actual customer support to call but PM service, coverage and price for it perfectly works for me.

Customer support provided by PM clients in this forum is well beyond any 'official' support and moderators' assistance never failed so again, I would be puzzled why reviews would be low or negative.

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@LurganIeUk wrote:

And look at their rating. I would think twice before you leave. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 9.31.44 AM.png

LOL ... that is slightly better than the reviews I have seen for Public  ...and it is significantly ahead of  those for Rogers and Bell .   Isn't that ironic  ...LOL... a Chinese company raising the bar for the Canadian telecom Companies !!

Wow, China Telecom offers service in Canada now? Whose network are they using, and why do they charge $0.50 a minute for 911 calls in ON and QC?

Edit: from the phone checking FAQ page, seems like it's Telus

"Please choose Canada as your country and Telus as your carrier"

yes, there are many providers like this these days

But I mentioned in his other thread, the plan is not that competitive anyway.. Maybe the OP needs this with a Chinese number?  I am not sure.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@YaTang : Porting help is to be provided by the receiving provider.

Your account here needs to remain active. You need to leave the SIM in from here to wait for the confirmation text. But it sounds like this time frame has passed. So they need to re-request and you need to put the SIM in (if it's still active).

Before you leave you might want to remove any registered payment card from here.

Wow....not impressed. I would check out the website but I cannot read it. A company in Canada that excludes all English or French readers??

And look at their rating. I would think twice before you leave. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 9.31.44 AM.png

You can try to open a ticket  via this link

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

Ref:  Port Fraud Protection (publicmobile.ca)

Transferring Your Public Mobile Number To Another Service ProviderTo help protect our customers from fraud, Public Mobile will send you an SMS text message should we receive a request to transfer your mobile phone number to another carrier. This step is designed to protect your account by confirming if the request is genuine or fraudulent.The SMS text will read as follows: Public Mobile message: We’ve received a request to transfer this phone number to another service provider. To approve this request, please reply “Yes”. If you did not request this transfer, please reply “No”. Please note that you must respond within 90 minutes. If we don’t receive a response within this time, the request will be automatically cancelled. For any issues with this number transfer, contact our Porting Team. Thank you.If you have made a request to port your number to another carrier and have not received an SMS from Public Mobile to confirm your request, please open our chatbot via this link. This will put you in touch with our moderator team who will be able to assist you.

YaTang

i call telus surpport team. they checked the record.  the record shows no request received. 

Surpport team said that i have to check with public 

@YaTang   this process is triggered by the new provider  CTExcel in your case.   You might want to confirm they did trigger the SMS process.  Sometimes when you request porting, the request went in the day but the provider might not trigger the SMS process until later

Also, if they have done it once, you can ask them to re-trigger the process.  You will need to reply within 90 mins.  So, if they have triggered the SMS , it's too late by now.

Also, make sure your PM account is still active.  Number from inactive/suspended account CANNOT be ported.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@YaTang : Your other thread was not helpful?

YaTang

I register a new service provider CTExcel ( a chinese company). CTExcel sent a transfer requst two days ago. But  I still  don't receive the SMS text message from Public . I am anxiously waiting this SMS message, because i have to register the chinese number  to  use. 

thanks for your help

.. i am checking the plans on ctexcel. Not sure which plan you are going with but I think their plan is just marginally better.  You an probably get better plans if you shop away, especially if you are willing to do postpaid plans

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@YaTang  you should check with CTExcel first to see if they are processing your request.  The new provider needs to start the process of porting, then PM would get notified and send you the text.    It is possible that CTExcel received your request but has not start the process yet.  Check with them first.  

In the meantime, keep your PM account active.  you need to have an active account to port out the number

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@YaTang 

You should have gotten the message already.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Porting Your Number To Another Service Provider

To help protect our customers from fraud, Public Mobile will send you an SMS text message should we receive a request to transfer your mobile phone number to another carrier. This step is designed to protect your account by confirming if the request is genuine or fraudulent.

The SMS text will read as follows:

Public Mobile message: We’ve received a request to transfer this phone number to another service provider. To approve this request, please reply “Yes”. If you did not request this transfer, please reply “No”. Please note that you must respond within 90 minutes. If we don’t receive a response within this time, the request will be automatically cancelled.

I will private message you the Telus team porting phone number.  This number is only used for porting issues.  Check your inbox (envelop icon on right upper corner of website). 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@YaTang : This service had to be active and you had to leave the SIM in to get that confirmation. Now you need to ask the new provider to do it again.

I'd be interested to know that if you put the old SIM back in and got the text whether or not you could reply with a 1 and then whether or not they send you another confirmation text and reply with a YES. Or just try the YES anyway and see what happens.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.