cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

was told I had an invalid SIM card so I exchanged it and now can't use my email to set up account

Talullah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought a SIM card yesterday and tried to activate it online after setting up my account. I got the message that the card was not valid. So I exchanged it for a new one.

Came home and entered new SIM card number. Now I get the messages "Please enter a referral code.
The Self Serve username you have entered is not available. Please try again with a different email address.
"  -- But that is MY email address.

Help?

9 REPLIES 9

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Talullah wrote:

@mimmo! I am now activated. My phone is on Public Mobile now.  Thanks for the tip to try a different browser . That worked.

cheers,

Thanks. It is nice to hear from the OP as to what the resolution was. 🥳🥳

Talullah

@mimmo! I am now activated. My phone is on Public Mobile now.  Thanks for the tip to try a different browser . That worked.

cheers,

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Talullah  community and my account /selfserve are two different entities.

Again try the lost password feature for selfserve what does it say?

Have you ever used your email address for Koodo prepaid to public before?  Can you try with a different email address?

mimmo

@Talullah  try Clearing cache or incognito mode.  Or a different browser.

if  your email is a Gmail address try using an alias na.me@ or name+122@ both go to name@gmail.com

[Today's Solution highlighted ......... Luddite]

Talullah

And I can't access My Account though I appear to be part of the community? Am I on the threshold but not quite in the door? :). --- appreciate any help to get this resolved.  cheers

mimmo

@gblackma  the link you provided is broken.

Also it will not work for in this situation as it requires a pin number to be received which is tied to the sim card, Which was exchanged at the store. 

Talullah

I did not get any charge on my credit card (just checked the statement onlin). In fact, I am 99% certain that I did not get to the point of entering credit card data.

mimmo

@Talullah  how far along did you get on the activation process with the original sim? If you made it to the payment page and had error message your account might have been created and sim card activated....

Have you tried logging in with your email and password?  Maybe try the lost password 

If you previously were with public you will need a different email address.

Depending on the details of your situation we can help you with the next steps.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Talullah It seems that the original SIM may have activated is tied to your original email address.  Did you choose a phone number when you activated your SIM yesterday? Was your credit card charged?. If you did, go here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/ and  set up a self service / my account .  Once you do that ,you can change your SIM card from within it.

If you are unable to do this, contact a moderator and explain your situation. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one.  ( CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket )

@Talullah wrote:

I bought a SIM card yesterday and tried to activate it online after setting up my account. I got the message that the card was not valid. So I exchanged it for a new one.

Came home and entered new SIM card number. Now I get the messages "Please enter a referral code.
The Self Serve username you have entered is not available. Please try again with a different email address.
"  -- But that is MY email address.

Help?

Need Help? Let's chat.