cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voLTE Service Upgrade Pre-recorded message Winnipeg/Brandon March 16

jcook
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Every outbound call, I get a 30 second pre-recorded message about the March 16 voLTE service upgrade in my area (Winnipeg/Brandon). I thought maybe it would disappear after March 16, but now the message has changed to using past tense and it won't go away.

I can't switch my Pixel to voLTE (no option in settings). I want this message to go away as I have received it loud and clear. What do I do? What are my options? Do I just buy a new phone or do I switch providers entirely, or both?

7 REPLIES 7

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@jcook it will be gone when you finally switch over. LoL

I guess Telus/Koodo really desperate in moving customers off PM.   I guess, soon, Koodo rep will be cold calling, too

@gpixel wrote:

@jcook what is the exact message? maybe volte is coming this way

It's not coming any time soon. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@jcook what is the exact message? maybe volte is coming this way

@jcook 

I wonder if only customers with google pixel phones are getting this message? Another community member @roeroeroe  who is a koodo customer is having the same issue. You may want to coordinate a complaint with one another.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Winnipeg-Branon-Region-Service-Mar...

@jcook 

Are you a pm customer or a koodo customer?

@jcook 

VoLTE cannot be used at Public Mobile (nor at Telus or Koodo prepaid).  There has been no service upgrade.  The changes to the HSPA network potentially makes voice coverage worse.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@jcook...

you'll just have to just wait until the message disappears. Not much else you can do...even other cell provider will likely have that message.

Need Help? Let's chat.