cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to sign up for an account self-serve

MPYB366
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Support,

When I try to register an account with my phone number for the Self Service portal, I get the following error message:

" The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here"

(Note: I don't recall ever registering a Self Serve account with my phone number.  (just this Community site))

The "click here" page goes to a page that asks for my email address. My entries are returned as "invalid".

So, where do I go from here to get access to Self Serve?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

MPYB366

Thank you for the reply.

I have an active plan.

Yes, I was able to finally get a link to the private message. Hopefully I will get some resopnse back soon.

MPYB366

Thank you the reply.

I am an existing customer, and my plan is active.

MPYB366

Thank you for the information.

The private message link I got looks to be the same as the CS_Agent you mentioned in your message. thanks!

@MPYB366   No worry, private message could be as good as Chatbot ticket in this case, i guess. Just keep checking your Community inbox for PM Support's reply

MPYB366

Thank you for the reply.

I have followed the link to a page that goes to an automated auto-attendent that sort of loops back to repeatedly offer me a 'submit a support ticket' page where its SMS function and pin-verification system are not working. ("sysetm unavailable at this time...", "pin can't extracted...")

After defeating the auto-attendant system loops, I was presented a link to send a private message!
And the private message submission worked. Finally!

Yay.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@MPYB366 wrote:

Hello Support,

When I try to register an account with my phone number for the Self Service portal, I get the following error message:

" The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here"

(Note: I don't recall ever registering a Self Serve account with my phone number.  (just this Community site))

The "click here" page goes to a page that asks for my email address. My entries are returned as "invalid".

So, where do I go from here to get access to Self Serve?

Thanks

@MPYB366  - if you activated online then you would have created a Self Serve account during the activation.

Try the Forgot your password option with different emails it could have been, if this is the case.

If you activated in store or through CCS, then you may not have created one yet.

In this case, if you cannot get past those errors ask Public Mobile Customer Support Agents to help.

Methods to contact them here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MPYB366   you have an active service now?  or at least your service was suspended within 90 days?

if yes to either case, you should be able to setup the Self-serve account without issue.  Just open a ticket with PM Support:, 

you can message PM Support directly (properly this is a better method as you don't have self-serve account to validate 😞

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MPYB366 

sorry are you new customer or you are existing customer!!

try to do Reactivate A Suspended Plan,

Missed a payment? After your plan expires, all you need to do is top-up your balance to keep the current plan going. You have up to 90 days to make a payment and, after doing so, your payment cycle will restart and your service will resume.After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MPYB366 

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

or try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

Public Mobile - Register

if you can't fix it you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent,

• send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

Need Help? Let's chat.