cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to receive cell phone calls to my Public Mobile phone

peggyjohnson56
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My Public Mobile cell phone will not allow another cell phone call to my phone.   

Landline calls go through with no problem.   

Cell phone callers do not get a voicemail.   Usually the phone is disconnected after the first ring but occasionally an error message comes up..... 1H1 or 1V1 telling the caller I am unavailable.   

Any ideas how to correct this??

6 REPLIES 6

@peggyjohnson56 wrote:

This is a new SIM card just installed about 1 hour ago.   The other one did not allow incoming cell calls either. 

@peggyjohnson56   this is a new SIM card?  and you have an old one, so the 2 cards are both PM SIM cards and for different accounts?

(I hope you don't meant the new one is to replace the old one. ) 

Also, try to change the preferred network to 3G ONLY

peggyjohnson56

I do not have access to another cell phone.   I live 12 miles from the nearest town.  Possibly tomorrow I will be able to get someone else's phone to test the SIM in.    This is a new SIM card just installed about 1 hour ago.   The other one did not allow incoming cell calls either. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@peggyjohnson56 wrote:

area code 780

I have had this phone for approx 1 year with no problems until about 10 days ago

Area code 780 is not new area code.  Mobile phone be able to call you.

Test you SIM card in another phone of your friend or family member.  Also use their SIM card in your phone.  This will determine whether your phone has hardware related issue or not.

peggyjohnson56

area code 780

I have had this phone for approx 1 year with no problems until about 10 days ago

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@peggyjohnson56 

What is your area code (first 3 digits) of your phone number?

If it is a new area code for your area, some mobile provider may not be updated with the new area code.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@peggyjohnson56   Try two things

1. try to reseat the sim card (power off the phone, take sim out for a minute before putting it back)

2. try to put the sim in another phone if you have one around, from friends from family

If you want PM to look into it, open ticket using one of the 2 ways

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.