cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to port a number to an iPhone 7 ..

Volvo-man
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Tried to talk to the robot but he's/she's/its useless. I have a signal; safari works etc. ...but no phone...when I phone out it says " call failed" Just signed up with a new Sim Card. Very disappointing. any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6

JL9
Mayor / Maire

So the number was active with another carrier, you got a phone from PM? Or was this an existing phone you had previously. Sorry trying to follow to do some troubleshooting steps in my head. 

A little late now but you probably could have simply moved the sim over to the "new" phone. Then let someone else take over your account or let it expire.

Have you connected to wifi and gone into about phone to see if any updates happen?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Volvo-man  Safari works but no phone.  Try to change the network to 3G Only or WCDMA only

next to try is to factory reset the phone.  Leave the PM sim in during the process so it can setup with PM network when it starts up 

Volvo-man
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks...I got the phone from PM, so it should be good to go...perhaps the confusion is coming from the fact that the number I ported was from my wife's phone ..She died 4 years ago and I've been using hers...who knows, eh?

VM

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Were you charged for the Public Mobile SIM card activation and plan you choose @Volvo-man 

Try restarting your phone and performing a reset of your device's network settings.

Also, confirm...

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Volvo-man 

I’ll send you a number to call to port your number to PM. You need to leave your old sim in to reply to the text to confirm the port. Check email icon in top right corner.

Need Help? Let's chat.