cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to block an incoming caller

tonymeehan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good afternoon, I have a ZTE device that connects to my portable phones (not cells).  I'm trying to figure out to block a phone number that is continually harrassing my phone number.  Can you give me instructions how this works?

15 REPLIES 15

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Can you not block the number on the hand set? My Panasonic hand set allows me to block 50 numbers and newer models can block 500 numbers. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tonymeehan   Was it just a single number targeting you? 

You probably know there is no way to block random sales call or Caller ID spoofing.   If it is one particular person trying to do this, call blocking would work but not with your current setup.   You might need a newer cordless phone instead. 

Of course, you can also try to change a new number and get away from that particular caller.  You can make phone number change as many as 4 times every 30 days.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tonymeehan 

You may consider adding yourself to the national Do Not Call registry here: https://lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/en/Consumer/Register-your-number/#!/

This may or may not help at all, but certainly can't hurt.

@tonymeehan wrote:

CS6519-4

Sorry @tonymeehan   I don't think your model has such option.  😞

tonymeehan

CS6519-4

What exact model?

Vtech has "Smart Call blocker" on some model.  check if you have Call Block button on the handset or the base or from the menu

0PX9O4

@tonymeehan 

Do you have the model number of the Vtech phone? Might be written right by the charging station

tonymeehan

Vtech

0PX9O4

Yep, there is no easy way to block numbers on the WF721 unfortunately.

@tonymeehan  Oh you are using WF721.  No, I don't think it gives you the option.  And PM does not provide any service that helps blocking particular number

What kind of handset you connect to the WF721?  Panasonics?  some Panasonic cordless give you such option.  Other phones could have such option, too.  Give us the brand/model and will try to find the way

tonymeehan

WF721

0PX9O4

@tonymeehan 

We need the model of the ZTE device, not the handset.

tonymeehan

There is no phone app - it used to be a landline phone

0PX9O4

@tonymeehan 

Do you know what the model of that ZTE device is? Usually written somewhere on the back or the side.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tonymeehan 

PM does not have any blocking service.  So, you will have to try it on the device level

try this

1. Open the Phone app.
  2. Tap the menu.
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap Call blocking.
  5. Tap ADD A NUMBER.
  6. Type the number.
  7. Tap BLOCK. .
Need Help? Let's chat.