cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

***thanks for everyone’s reply***double payment problem

wennywenny2021
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have autopay enabled. March 14 was my payment day, and on that day, I downgraded my plan from $25 to $15. I was charged twice that day, for $25+tax AND $15+tax. Can someone please explain to me how that makes sense? 

Edit: thanks everyone for your replies. I’ve never had prepay plans before, and I assumed that any plan change would automatically trigger a pro-rated refund for the previous payment 

8 REPLIES 8

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@wennywenny2021 

Not to say you won't get a credit to your account for the unwanted plan. Honest mistakes happen all the time and customer support is very reasonable about them. Contact them as per @HALIMACS's instructions and explain your error and they will very likely apply a credit.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@wennywenny2021 

Us guys are just members like you. There are no PM staff on this Community Forum on a regular bases…maybe once in a blue moon.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@wennywenny2021 

For future reference you can schedule (or cancel) a change plan on next renewal up until 11:59:00pm eastern on day 30 of your cycle. Once it hits midnight eastern on your renewal (Day 30/Day 1) you cannot make changes but you can self suspend via lost/stolen or if you have no funds in your account balance disable autopay before 2am eastern to cause suspension due to nonpayment. Once renewals are finished and your account is suspended for non payment (or you remove lost/stolen) by noon eastern at the latest the next day.

Then you can choose to change plans by changing plans immediately or continue with the current plan by making a manual top up payment to pay for the plan you want to use for the next 30 days.

Note:

The $15 plan currently advertised on pm's plans page with unlimited Canada wide minutes is a giant error on public mobile's marketing department. The $15 plan still has 100 outgoing minutes. Public mobile will not honour that plan....especially so for existing customers. New activations will have to fight for it to be honoured or compensated.

Edit: sp.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @wennywenny2021 not a double charge problem but you change plan and chose the wrong option.  You chose Change Plan now amd caused the problem yourself.  There was a big warning and you missed it 

PM is prepaid and they might not be able to reverse it as you chose wrong.  But submit ticket and hope 

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

kahull
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, it appears to be a timing issue more than anything.  You were to have your payment taken out that day and as well, selected a new plan.  Like the others mentioned, I would reach out to get a credit on your account.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@wennywenny2021 

if the customer support agents are in a good mood, and if you ask nicely, they’ll possibly apply the second payment to your available funds, and it can be used as a credit toward future services / renewals.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@wennywenny2021 , when you did the plan change did you select change plan immediately?  Taking that options means forfeiting the current plan cycle.  That's why the double payment.  I suggest using the chatbot link to initiate a support ticket and see if the CSA team will issue a refund.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@wennywenny2021 

because there are two ways to change your plan

If you do an immediate plan change, the cycle starts from the moment you make the change and you are charged the full cycle.

In your case you allowed the cycle to renew, and then you did an immediate plan change which means you’re charged for two cycles.

It’s always advisable to make plan changes on the next cycle.

Need Help? Let's chat.