text/message

timxia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I could not receive security code text message sent by TD bank

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@timxia 

This maybe related to the recent Telus outage.

Try powering off the phone, remove the SIM tray and leave out for 2 minutes, power the phone back on.

If that didn’t work, contact a CS_Agent by private messaging on the Community page so they can reset your network.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

As mentioned above, you don't provide a lot of information to go by...

If this happened in the past couple of hours (Tuesday March 29, around noon PDT), it could also be an issue on TD's side - their EasyWeb login portal is showing a "system issue notice" right now.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Some obvious (but unlikely) reasons.. Did you turn airplane mode on by a mistake... I actually did that once last year and was worried that something was up and found out I had inadvertently tapped that 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@timxia   did you just ported your number into PM?  Please note number just ported into a network might take 3 to 5 business days for all the shortcodes to come through.  it is partly because it takes time for system to learn that your number moved to a new carrier, also, some financial institutions purposely make the delay after a porting to avoid SIM fraud.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@timxia    Are you in BC?  There seems to be an issue with the network being lost intermittently.  One of the suggestions seems to be to remove the SIM to another phone (edit: and reboot) and then back to your main phone and rebooting which seems to have resolved it for some users for now.  Or just remove the SIM and reinsert after a couple of minutes and reboot if you don't have another phone handy.

Need Help? Let's chat.