cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switching to Koodo offer with account credit at PM - what happens?

NKSandy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm interested in the Koodo 6gb/$40 offer. Because of an earlier mistake I have a $140 credit in my PM account.

This is not about losing money for the 3 months I've already paid for - I understand the $100 bill credit on moving to Koodo is meant to compensate for paid but partially unused usage. Rather I have a positive account balance of $140, and don't want to lose that also when migrating. I won't migrate if it means losing that $140.

Can I get PM just to refund the $140 back to my credit card? Any suggestions?

(Sent this to someone knowledgeable as a private message then decided it was probably better to post as others may be in the same boat.)

10 REPLIES 10

NKSandy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone for comments.

I didn't switch. The extra funds in my account were not worth it to lose, considering by end of the year one of the providers out there will offer a competitive special to attract customers, if PM discontinues my current plan or jacks up prices.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mimmowrote:

@torontokris I do agree with you but 2 things

1. it is a push from pm and koodo to make people leave
  2. precedence has been set, both by koodo and by pm to allow balance transfers  

Nobody has to leave and nobody was promised anything beyond the $100... It's like a loyalty plan. Some may get it by negotiating... But it's not guaranteed. 

Its like saying a couple people got the 6gb koodo plan without being on the PM fall promo. Doesn't mean it's now a precedence that all Canadians are eligible for that plan 

well poster can least ask for it and go from there

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@torontokris I do agree with you but 2 things

1. it is a push from pm and koodo to make people leave
  2. precedence has been set, both by koodo and by pm to allow balance transfers  

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Let me play devils advocate though... Why should PM pay out balances when you transfer to another company? Because it's koodo? Would PM pay out if I moved to Rogers?

sure if it's negotiated and agreed then good for you for your negotiating skills. But people are leaving PM for a "better plan" yet want their balance too. If the balance is the priority stay with PM. 

fsm7268
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

please let us know the result once you have an answer from pm. thanks.

Grampa
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Public transferred my $6 credit to Koodo after about 6 weeks and I did not even ask anyone to do that.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@NKSandy, Public Mobile/Koodo are using very strict rules on the transfer of funds for this migration offer.  I was successful in getting every penny in my account transferred.  Looking back, I count myself very lucky to receive this treatment.  Since being successful in getting the fund transfer, many have reached out to me for assistance.  I have tried my level best to do that, up to and including providing screen caps of email discussions I had with Koodo.  For my efforts, the Koodo agent that processed my transfer left me a nasty voice message to stop because they won't repeat what they did for me.  It was rather disturbing that someone in customer service would read me the riot act in a voice mail.  Such actions is borderline harassment in the day and age.  To me this is all very contradictory behavior.  On the one hand, Telus has gone through great lengths to encourage people to leave by increasing the data amount in the migration offer twice and more recently extending a month long deadline.  Yet for a small number of customers with funds in their accounts, these people are rudely asked to go get stuffed.  I would love to help further if I could, but my wings are clipped.  As suggested, try going the transfer to another Public Mobile account route.  

I can only guess where this service is headed in the future, but regardless of outcome, those of us with the 2016 fall promotion are not a welcome part of the future.  Take the passive aggressive hints to take the migration offer as a signal of what's to come.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

It's very your milage might very on both. Do I would contact both kooofo and pm and see if any can offer you options.

There are a couple threads with this topic.

Here is one of them.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/165-Credit-for-Sale-Best-offe...

It might help

jaswest2754
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

PM has previously allowed for the transfer of positive balances in the account. They do not refund days not used but will transfer balances to Koodo. Just gotta contact the moderators.

If the mistake was on Public Mobile's part, they really should refund it.  If it wasn't Public Mobile's mistake that caused the extra balance in your account,  you'd have to check with Koodo to see if they can offer you an account credit in return for that Public Mobile balance.  That likely isn't somethign that Public Mobile can do for you but rather something that you'd have to get arranged by contacting Koodo.  Some people have reported success in getting Koodo to offer an account credit.

Need Help? Let's chat.