cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

swapped numbers with a bell account and now my public mobile account is gone!

fftljoe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I swapped numbers with a bell account today and the bell account has successfully taken the old PM number but I have yet to get the service on my PM account

The PM account number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope to get this remedied!

Thanks in advance

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@fftljoe 

Well that bell guy is an idiot. If you did it today then maybe a teeny tiny maybe with a very sympathetic CSA maybe they will help you out but it is unlikely because the bell guy is at fault and instead of confirming the info with the community or customer support you are at fault.

The only way you could have swapped phone numbers between a pm and bell account are as follows:

1. The number was originally a bell phone number and your bell account is a post paid account. Then bell could keep your post paid account active with a temporary number while you ported out your number into your pm account thru the change number feature in your self serve account. Once the original bell number from your pm account is released back to bell by pm the bell agent retrieves the number from bell's hold number pool and assigns it to your bell account.
  2. The pm number was not originally a bell number and you have given a pm CSA a very compelling reason that your pm number has to be ported out (for your employer or business for example). You would purchase a new unactivated pm sim card and the CSA transfers your service, plan and rewards to the account created on the new sim card and assigns a temporary number to that account. You then port the bell number to the new pm account first if that number is not originally a telus/koodo/pm number and the bell account is kept active with a temporary number as above and then the pm number is ported to bell. Or if bell number was originally from telus then the CSA could retrieve it from telus's hold number pool and assign it to your account.
  3. The only way you could get your account, plan and phone number back by pm is if you could prove the phone number was fraudulently ported out or mistakenly ported out by bell then pm has the ability to restore your service and account with that phone number and you then could not ask for pm to to perform the second scenario for you.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@fftljoe wrote:

I swapped, not port     the bell tech had assured that it was a swap not a cancellation of the PM one   lol   womp womp

Hi @fftljoe   There is no such thing as "Swap" phone number across carriers.  Bell and PM are not related.  There is chance that you can swap number between Telus family (Telus/Koodo/PM) or within Bell (Bell/Virgin/Lucky), but you cannot swap across carriers.  

The Bell tech was trying to get his activation credit.  You should go back and protest and make a formal complain to Bell for his misinformation.

@fftljoe wrote:

I have messaged a PM tech   if that's the case hopefully we can figure something out    I had just purchased a month of service and apparently cancelled it!

Two numbers cannot be swapped between two carriers. All that can be done is port out your number to another carrier.  Sorry, but your Pubilc Mobile account has been permanently closed.  In addition, the Bell Mobility person gave you false information.  A number being moved to another carrier always closes the old service out.

You could port back to a new Public Mobile account, but that would then cancel your Bell service.

fftljoe

I have messaged a PM tech   if that's the case hopefully we can figure something out    I had just purchased a month of service and apparently cancelled it!

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@fftljoe 

the policy for PM when you taken number out to another company your account will be immediately close.

fftljoe

I swapped, not port     the bell tech had assured that it was a swap not a cancellation of the PM one   lol   womp womp

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @fftljoe   

How did you swap the numbers between Bell and PM?

Once you PM number is ported out to Bell, it will be closed.    😞

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @fftljoe 

Edit: when you transfer your PM out, your account with PM will be immediately close.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@fftljoe 

You cannot swap numbers between 2 active accounts like that without the account in question being closed as soon as you port out a number.

You may wish to reach out to a PM agent for more clarification. Make sure you include your account details for verification: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.