cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suspicious charge to my bank account from Public Mobile

DSharpe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an entry on my bank account that says it is from Public Mobile followed by a number: 236507312994. I do not think that I made this charge as I have never used my cell phone to make purchases as I don't know how.

14 REPLIES 14

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@CountyDownIeUk- Other than the odd merchant id, the customer figured out that it was the payment for his service.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Assuming you are a PM customer, sign on to your My Account and look at your transactions. Do keep in mind what number you see in your banking may include taxes  and you will see a lower number in your transactions. 

Ie. 

Bank $1.12

PM $1

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

BEA858FC-6421-4EC8-8FEB-5C6013F5468F.jpeg

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

The 236 number appears to be a BC phone number but is too long.  

🤭

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Very nice that you got to the bottom of it by yourself!  

@DSharpe 

We are all customers on this forum, not Public Mobile staff.

If you received a questionable charge, I would first raise it with your financial institution and dispute the charge.

Then, ask public mobile to confirm what it is for.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

statusquo

You can get help only from public mobile's customer service agents by submitting a ticket with one of the links posted already as I and others here are customers like you and can only offer suggestions or tips.

DSharpe

I know what the charge is now.  It is the charge for my account with Public Mobile. Duh! You can discontinue trying to solve this for me.  

DSharpe

Are you able to help me?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @DSharpe

can you provide more details how suspicious the charge is?

it might  be too early to make the call, but it you want , you  cam open ticket with PM CS agent 

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

statusquo

Do you mean a charge from your debit visa card because public doesn't have a way to set up debits from your bank that I know of but that's an odd entry and number.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Are you PM customer?

How much was charge?

How much is your plan? Any rewards deducted?

Do NOT dispute charge right away as if you are PM customer you will screw up your account. Lets figure out what is going on first.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@DSharpe how much was the charge? it is not a regular renewal charge??

Need Help? Let's chat.