Did you mean: 

spam in the community?

Michellehellens
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I literally signed up to community so i could get support and I get spa

13 REPLIES 13

Fuyu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, I have set up and managed forums myself, and with the right software it is possible to set it up that messages between moderators (support staff, etc.) and users can be sent privately while messages between regular users are blocked until a user person has been given permission (in this case one could tie it to being verified as customer). The technology for this has been around for decades - but does someone think it is preferable to waste their own support staff and users' time by forcing them to play "whack-a-mole"? LOL

@Fuyu  the reason this Community is open to everyone is that people who has not join yet, can come and ask pre-sale related question.  Or people who has trouble with activation can also come and ask question

Honest, I suggested before that PM should limit those without an active service to only some access  on this Community instead of give them all, I guess it is too much work   😞

Fuyu

Seems weird that someone can just sign up - signing up should be limited to poeple who have an account and a phonenumber with PM (or, alternatively, who have otherwise verified their identity), so that these creeps cannot spam the forum. This is not a technical problem but an organisational problem. By allowing this to happen PM cheapens their user care quality and image. Why?

@rugerty100   that's exactly the reason why newer member tends to get the spam message more. 

The spammer got a new account, and they know their account number, then programmatically to decrement the id number from there to send spam message.  They don't start from id 1 as they know there are more "active" new members then old members

rugerty100

They can increment the User ID on their profile page to find the next target. As of this comment, the newest account is 261193.

Hmm, seems like we've had ~261k members here since 2014.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Michellehellens 

The longer you are here the less spam you will get as they seem to know how to target newer accounts. I haven't recieved any spam in nearly 2 years on either of my accounts. Maybe @maximum_gato stalks and "eliminates" them before they ever become a problem?!! 🐈

Edit:

Weird my black cat emoji turns into a yellow cat and a black square?

If you just started an account with PM...you have discovered why PM plans are inexpensive.

PM works best if you have a DIY mentality for most issues. Additional support is right here in Community Forum =, made up of users llike me and you.

PM isn't for everyone.

@Michellehellens 

If you are getting spam in your community inbox then select the gear icon and report as inappropriate.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Michellehellens
You can click on the gear icon and report the spam as inappropriate. The CS_Agent Will take action on the spammer.

Michellehellens
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

that assumes I can reach anyone, the support stinks

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@Michellehellens hi what do you mean? private messages? 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Michellehellens 

Unfortunately spam does happen. You can report it.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Michellehellens Ignore the spam message and delete them. Spam happens everywhere.

Need Help? Let's chat.