cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim wont register or connect on my unlocked phone

Kaykay13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just set up a new account and my sim is all set up showing the phone number and info in my settings "about phone" but it wont register to a network for some reason. My old sim was with public mobile to so i cant figure out why it wont work. Ive been trying to chat with support but it takes forever for them to reply and i desperately need my phone. Plz if anyone has any ideas that would be great thank you your time

Take Care!! 😊 

6 REPLIES 6

@dboxtvinfo wrote:

by law public mobile has to unlock phone for customer upon request---can someone help me unlock haueui 

Yes. If Public Mobile locked your phone then they must provide the unlock. Open a support ticket with Simple Simon bot or send a private msg to the CSA team.

And no. If the phone was locked by a different carrier then Public Mobile is not obligated - and not able - to unlock it. It must be unlocked by the carrier who locked it, that's the way these locks are designed.

If your phone doesn't work with Public Mobile then it's obvious Public Mobile didn't lock it.

dboxtvinfo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

by law public mobile has to unlock phone for customer upon request---can someone help me unlock haueui 

@Kaykay13 

Go through all the basics first, of course.

https://mobilearrival.com/sim-card-not-working-on-my-phone/

Activations can take time. Nothing you can do to rush them. Just reboot the phone every hour or so until it works.

Finally ... do you know that your phone is carrier-unlocked? As in, did you buy it as a new unlocked phone or did you buy an unlock for the phone or did you personally get the vendor to unlock it for you? Anyone can claim the phone they're selling or giving away is "unlocked" - they can even believe the device is unlocked, be telling the truth, and still be entirely wrong. Many people don't even understand what "unlocked" really means, aside from vaguely knowing that it's somehow desirable and better than "locked".

@Kaykay13 

if you have a ticket number re-sending to support team Private Messages by CS_Agent 

Kaykay13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thank you so much for your help. it says sim wont connect to network. i have put in a request for an agent three times since 9 am and still no response. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kaykay13   you tried reseat the sim ?  did you try your sim on another phone?

is the phone showing "Sim not provisioned", "No Network" or "No SIM"?

if the sm is not even connecting to the network, it is very likely a sim provisioning issue.  It is a common issue with new activation.  Unfortunately, only PM Support can help to re-provision it on the system..  But it is an easy fix for them.   So, just open ticket with them.   

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.