cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card not working...cell phone says sim card locked?

tom21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

19 REPLIES 19

@tom21 before you wipe your phone, if you have not done so, open ticket with PM support first.

IIf it is Sim card lock, PM can provide your the code. 

If it is carrier lock, you said you got the phone

from PM?  if so, PM has to help you to unlock too

tom21

have not tried yet but i guess i will have to.

leuk

Can you put the phone to factory reset and then install the SIM card and then restart the phone? This worked for me but don't do it if you have data on your phone that you haven't put on the cloud first. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@tom21 

Did you try disabling the SIM PIN in the settings?

021519C0-2F78-4AE7-A6EB-1DFFD8057D2D.png

@tom21  

Again, is that an iPhone?

since it is locked sim as you said, did you take my suggestion to open ticket with PM support?

In case you missed, here you are: 

Please open a ticket with PM Support using this direct link:  https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Oyn1L6

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

@tom21 

Do you have an extra phone lying around?  Try the PM SIM card in another phone.  See whether you get same message.  

tom21

locked sim

@tom21   any chance you can take a pic and post what you see on the screen for us?

tom21

not locked

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Starting to think a lot of these devices are trade-in devices from Telus customers and that's why a lot of them have various issues, previous owners can really mess with a device before they do a device trade-in and those techs usually give it a once over before selling it on or recycling it, usually, don't inspect them enough sadly, so you wind up with locked phones or other issues not found, they'll see it looks in fine condition cosmetically and that it powers on but won't test further usually.

tom21

sim locked.

@tom21 wrote:

I Just Activated my sim card My Cell Phone is iphone8plus.

@tom21   what is the exact error message?

"Sim card not provisioned"?

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@tom21 

Oh dear well that's a whole different issue. You will need to contact customer support and find out why you were sold a locked phone. Hopefully they can can contact Apple to get it unlocked as it should have never been sold to you in that condition.

Do you have another phone you can use in the meantime?

Edit:

To submit a ticket click on SIMon at the bottom of your screen. If he gives you the runaround you can also send a private message by clicking below....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

tom21

i bought the phone public mobile so why no work?

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@tom21 

It's very likely that your iPhone is still locked to your old carrier since your model was released in September 2017 a few months before the new WCC regulations came into effect requiring all devices to be sold unlocked.

Contact your old carrier with your IMEI# of your phone and ask them to contact Apple to unlock your device. They are required to do so upon request, free of charge and without delay. Once Apple unlocks your iPhone you will need to connect to wifi or iTunes for any software updates and follow the instructions to update your carrier profile to public mobile so that your mobile data will work.

Welcome to Public Mobile!

tom21

I Just Activated my sim card My Cell Phone is iphone8plus.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tom21   do you have a iPhone and the exact error was Locked Sim?

It likely something PM support can help if that is the case, they can provide you a sim  puk.  

Please open a ticket with PM Support using this direct link:  https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Oyn1L6

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@tom21 

What is the exact message showing on the phone?

Is it possible that your phone is locked to a previous carrier?  

If it is locked, you will need to contact previous carrier to get unlock code

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@tom21 

Are you an existing customer or did you just activate? What is the make and model of your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.