Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card not provisioned upon activation

Soulstrykee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i made a public mobile account

i cannot log into the account with the correct credentials email and password

the sim card does not work and will not let me remake the account with the sim card or credentials

my credit card was charged with the plan amount

i would like my money back or the account active

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Soulstrykee wrote:

i made a public mobile account

i cannot log into the account with the correct credentials email and password

the sim card does not work and will not let me remake the account with the sim card or credentials

my credit card was charged with the plan amount

i would like my money back or the account active

@Soulstrykee  did you receive an email for the activation? Maybe check your junk folder.

Perhaps you entered the email incorrectly when you went through the activation process.

Try removing and reinserting the Public Mobile SIM card, then reboot. Any services?

*can you try your SIM into another compatible phone?

*reset network settings on your device

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

If you are not able to get into Self Serve and still getting no services, ask Customer Support (CSA) for help,

Methods to submit tickets here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Soulstrykee 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with activating your account.

Good thing I got my sister (she is not computer savvy) to go to London Drugs and got a free SIM and free activation…no hassle and the phone work right away.

Didn’t you try to go into your account yesterday but didn’t know your password?

Now you are having problems with your SIM?

Try clearing the cache on your browser and go into incognito.

If all fails, private message a CS_Agent by clicking on the envelope icon and they will get you going on your cell.

Soulstrykee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

no network and yes rebooted everything multiple times.

phone works fine with old sim

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Soulstrykee  what is showing on the phone status on top of the phone screen?  Si. not provisioned?  No SIM ? No network?

you tried reboot the phone and see if you can at least make outgoing calls?  did you try putting your SIM in another phone?

It could be sim provisioning issue.  If so, it could be an easy fix.  Contact PM Support with private message to have them confirm.  

1. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Need Help? Let's chat.