cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should I change to new points system?

Sallygeng
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am on $25 plan, and i am getting $2 off for auto pay and $5 for Loyalty and $1 for refer a friend, should I switch to new points system?

13 REPLIES 13

Just evaluate options from your own perspective. Don't let sales and marketing folks (or their bossy paper-pushing managerials) focus your perspective for you.

If you want cheap service right now or for the short-term then take the points, spend everything they give you, use it all up before you go. Immediate payout. Points win.

If you want cheap phone bill for years to come then compare the prices you'd see each year. Avoid impulsively grabbing the bait and bribe. Long-term payout. Rewards win.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

For the geezers here that prefer to keep the rewards and to ward off everybody from changing to the points system:

Stop right there!!
You wanna know right now!
Before you go any further
Do you love cash?
Will you love it forever?
Do you need cash?
May it never leave you.
Will it make you so happy
For the rest of your life?
Will it take you away
Will it make up your life?

You wanna know right now!
Before you go any further
Do you love cash?
Will you love it forever?

Puzzled
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I wish they would bring back the old system. That was partially why I switched then I found out it was different for new accounts.  The old system seems much better.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

You took the word right out of my mouth!

@Sallygeng 

Very smart of you to ask questions first rather than shoot yourself in the foot after realizing later....

Sallygeng

thank you for your explanation, i don't buy much add on, so I won't go new points

Sallygeng

thank a lot

Sallygeng

thank you 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

And I'll add my vote - NO!

Sallygeng

thanks

@Sallygeng long story short,  DO NOT change to the new system.  The old one is much better and give you a lot more sayings!!

UPDATE:  add the comparisons 

in summary  

1.  $2 Autopay is no longer there and replaced with 5% ,  you get less (but you get 5% for your other Add-on purchases as well)
  2. No more Loyalty reward, so no more $1/month up to $5/month.  Instead, they only give $10 every year on the anniversary. 
    So, for someone with PM between 13th to 24th months:
               old reward program will get $12 on that year compare with $10 on the new system 
    So, for someone with PM between 25th to 36th months:
               old reward program will get $24 on that year compare with $10 on the new system 
    for someone with  PM between 61th and 72th month (and same after this point)
                 old reward program will get   $60/year compare with $10/year on the new system 
  3. You can no longer apply $1 or $2 you got to the bill right a way, you have to collect enough to 15 points to cash out $15 in one shot

On the other hand, the goodies for new system,

- 5% Points back for add-on purchases as well

- add-ons are around 33% cheaper when you redeem with Public Points
- you can use 1 point for lucky draw, so, technically you bet $1 and can win an iPhone

RossN
Mayor / Maire

absolutley not you will loose alot more than you gain 

Sallygeng

the new system is very confuse, I don't know how to calculate 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

No, don’t be silly. 

Need Help? Let's chat.