cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setup personal hotspot got messages contact Public mobile

fengli
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I try to setup personal hotspot but got messages “to enable personal hotspot on this account, contact Public mobile.”

How do I fix this on my Iphone X? I remember it worked before.

8 REPLIES 8

@Timer wrote:

@fengli 

Accepted Solution your name is not allowed in here, sorry for the inconvenience. @computergeek541 

I would not say that is NOT true. If PM has the flaw it is not @fengli who has the issue. 

@fengli 

Accepted Solution your name is not allowed in here, sorry for the inconvenience. @computergeek541 

fengli

finally I removed SIM card then shutdown my iphone and waited for a couple of minutes. Then inserted SIM card, then started phone. The setup personal hotspot works now. Thanks for all helps.

@fengli   Try actually Network Reset on your phone

Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings

fengli

15C2820A-7DFE-4614-8596-8FAD0024C661.png

 I do have data on my account.

I also tried restart my phone. I also removed sim card after shutdown the phone then restarted the phone without the sim card, then inserted the card. It still got the same message. I checked the cellular data see the APN info and click reset, it didn’t do anything .

Timer
Mayor / Maire

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@fengli   PM does not block hotspot.  It is more a problem with the setup on your end.

do you have data left on your account?

First start by restarting your phone.  There is an old thread about the same error message and restarting the phone fixed it

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Unable-to-Set-Up-Personal-Hotspot-Contact...

If issues persists , try to Reset network (please note network reset will also delete all your saved Wifi connections, you have to rejoin your Wifi )

Need Help? Let's chat.