cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service issue,Losing data connectivity when call comes in.

toxicfire
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So i switched to a new phone (note 20 ultra) and ive noticed an issue with service.

So if im say on an app or game and its using data connection and then if a call comes in and starts ringing the game or app with say no internet please check your connection.

Lots of the times the data will stop a few seconds before the phone even rings so if data stops i usually know or a calls going to come through haha.

If im in the call talking before i use to be able to still be in said app or game that uses data but not no more.

Im sure its a simple setting im missing or need to set in the network.

If anyone has a solution to this that would be great thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

It's a misnomer. In your case, when the icon shows 4G, it's actually 3G. LTE is 4G. You can always verify this by going into the field test mode *#0011#.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/LTE-network-fundamentals/td-p/1305...

toxicfire

So my note 9 I don't recall the issue. I'm currently using note 20 ultra.

So with lte off it shows 4g for my connection at top of phone.

Sounds like your options are limited until VoLTE is enabled by PM.

Does this happen on other phones as well? It's possible another phone may complete the CSFB procedure more quickly and your app may re-establish its data session without interruption. I would experiment with another device first. If you don't see any improvement, you only have 2 options... force your phone to 3G, or switch to another provider that offers VoLTE.

toxicfire

So i did alot more testing and narrowing it down.

So it only does it while lte is connected. If I turn lte off I don't have the issue.

So to confirm 

Lte mode full service if I'm on internet YouTube or app and a call comes in internet drops and says no internet connectivity available then when I end the call data starts working.

If I have lte off and on data YouTube internet browser or app and a call comes in data continues to work.

Hopefully there's a solution to this as I want to keep lte enabled lol

toxicfire

Does it everywhere dont matter what tower. As im an hour from a major city and it does it there and at home.

Are you saying if you force the phone to 3G, data works fine normally, but stops working when a call comes in?

@toxicfire wrote:

3g only makes no difference. 

I just tryed rogers sim card in phone and no issues at all so has something to do with pm settings or service coming in

Maybe your local Bell/Telus tower has been tweaked. Is this an issue everywhere or just 1 locale?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

toxicfire

3g only makes no difference. 

I just tryed rogers sim card in phone and no issues at all so has something to do with pm settings or service coming in

Calls are on 3G, and there is a noticeable pause in data connectivity when you transition from LTE to 3G in order to prepare for a call.

Does it work at all when you force your phone to 3G only? Trying to understand if your issue is a temporary delay when switching technologies, or just completely unusable on 3G?

toxicfire

I dont have that option in settings but only have 1 sim in phone.

I just dont get it its just all the time too .However service has not been connecting either all the time hoping its just a issue with PM and they can fix it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@toxicfire : I don't know if this completely obvious to you but for me anyway...my Samsung A31 running A10 - Settings/Connections/Mobile networks -Use mobile data during calls - is on. I haven't tested it but have a look. It might also be for dual SIM.

toxicfire

Yes its LTE/wcdma/gsm auto

I dont have 5g option in menu.

wcsma 

gsm ive tried manual switching so it would only connect to non lte but still have issue.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

have you tried  turning switching to 4g/lte instead of 5g.    PM does not use 5g networks at all.

Need Help? Let's chat.