cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

save money for phone bill

laila10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

nowadays phone company introduced unlimited everything . do you its a good idea ?

6 REPLIES 6

laila10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i agree but if you think back then phone bill is so expensive. now it's showing how tuff and very competitive prices and mostly economy down ......obviously most companies give low cost and unlimited package so they dont loose the customer. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

I once tethered off of my unlimited mobilicity ( all unlimited for25 can you believe it) at home for about 2 months. Rogers kept changing the appointment for acanac connection, so my acanac cable internet kept getting deferred. Then my cousin called me and told me never to get velcom, he paid and they didn't connect him almost 3 months. Sneaky rogers. I actually used velcom the following year as i moved to an area without acanac cable service, and i can honestly say velcom it's great.

Anyways those of us who don't use too much can actually save with it, if you have frequent easy access to free WiFi maybe you don't even need to have internet at home. It all depends on the allowance and the speed once you hit the ceiling. If it's acceptable (i heard they started increasing it sho it's actually usable) why not. Especially if everybody in the household has it. I was toying with the idea at the time, but i had people in the household who didn't want to hear of it at that point. 

@Triguy wrote:

You can save money off your monthly bill with rewards.  Setup autopay and $2.  Other rewards like referrals and community awards will also reduce your costs.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/rewards-faqs

Different topic.  Rewards and plan choice are not the same beast.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

At what cost?  These so called unlimited plans are akin to all you can eat buffet restaurants.  If I am going to eat light, I am sure I can do better with an ala carte menu.  The usefulness of the option depends on user profile.  That said, I am all for more choice.  Let the customer decide what's best for them.  There's no one size fit all shoe nor one size fit all cellular plan.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can save money off your monthly bill with rewards.  Setup autopay and $2.  Other rewards like referrals and community awards will also reduce your costs.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/rewards-faqs

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

It depends on one's need.  There is no points in pay extra that I don't need.

Need Help? Let's chat.