cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

right now i have the Alcatel A392 I want to get a Huawei ascend y530 gsm will my sim card work

mypp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

11 REPLIES 11

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello mypp,

To answer your question, your SIM card will not work because your phone is incompatible with Public Mobile.

Martin
Legend
Legend
makkakn128,

You stated that a model of the above phone supports 3G and 4G. I would like to do my own research. What is the website's URL where you found that information?

Martin
Legend
Legend
makkakn128,

The website that you referenced, namely, willmycellphonework.com should read: willmyphonework.net

FYI.

Also, Huawei Ascend Y550 works.

But here's the catch: This has 3 Models

1 is NOT comparable

1 is, BUT Only 3G

1 SUPPORTS BOTH 3G/4G Bands

Martin
Legend
Legend
Luddite,

I beg to differ.

The GSM frequencies are irrelevant because the Telus network does not use them.

The UMTS frequencies that you listed are 900 (MHz) and 2100 (MHz). They, too, are irrelevant because Telus does not operate on the 900 MHZ frequency. With regard to 1700 MHz, Telus indeed functions on that frequency, but needs 2100 MHz. These two frequencies are for data only. One dowloads data from a tower to phones, while the other uploads data from phones to a tower. One must accompany the other. If not, then having only one of the two frequencies makes for irrelevance.

FYI for future posts.

These are the Frequency Bands that are PM/Telus's Supported Service

3G: 850 MHZ for Incoming/ 1900 MHZ for OutGoing, Primarily for Mixed Talk+Text+Data

4G LTE: 1700 MHZ/2100 MHZ, Primarily for Data

Hope this clarifies the understanding

OK Thanks

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

However, Huawei Ascend Y330 WILL work, only 3G Only. PM/Telus's Network requires 3G as BARE Minimum for Service

GSM 2G is NOT an Option at all

Hi. I checked out that model on Willmycellphonework.com website.

Huawei ascend Y530 Does NOT work on any of PM/Telus's HSPA+4G Network Spectrum.

FYI phonearena.com reports tech spec of Y530 as:

Technology

• GSM:
    • 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
  • UMTS:
    • 900, 2100 MHz
  • Data:
    • HSDPA+ (4G) 21.1 Mbit/s, HSUPA 5.76 Mbit/s, EDGE, GPRS

Read more at http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Huawei-Ascend-Y530_id8433#A5gQ6HcueTfx24yy.99

Maybe it will work? 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello,

The make and model of the phone about which you are inquiring is completely incompatible with Public Mobile's network. It will not work on any of the frequencies.

If you wish to purchase another phone, it must be WCDMA / UMTS / HSDPA compatible. The 3G frequencies are 850 MHz (AWS) and 1900 MHz (AWS). The 4G LTE frequencies are 1700 MHz (Band 4) and 2100 MHz (Band 4). The 4G LTE-Advanced frequency is 700 MHz (Band 17), which has yet to be deployed considering how new it is to the Canadian market. Most phones are not configured for it.

Your phone must be either unlocked, or locked to Telus.

If you require an unlocking service, visit www.cellunlocker.net as it has a good reputation.

Reputable sellers are Walmart, Costco, Best Buy, Staples, Telus online, the Microsoft online Store, the Google online store, the Nexus online store, the BlackBerry online store, and the Alcatel online store.

I hope that this has answered your question.

Need Help? Let's chat.