cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"cellular update failed" message - what to do?

Van778
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I added on a US Roaming plan today and now my iPhone 7 is saying that it has no Cellular Service and that the "cellular update failed". Help! I'm supposed to be travelling tomorrow morning

25 REPLIES 25

Van778

Have tried most of the things on that link, to no avail. Thanks for that. Will visit the Apple Store and keep my fingers crossed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Van778 wrote:

Thanks for that. You're right, if I just use the phone as a pure wifi device and stick to wifi services I'll be able to do calls on WhatsApp or Skype etc.

@Van778 

if you want to use a app Textme or Talkatone, and you will getting new canadian number for Free from that app,

• Unlimited Call \ SMS \ MMS a Free USA/Canada.

Here link for app Talkatone.

Here link for app Text Me.

enjoy it...

@Van778 wrote:

Have tried most of the things on that link, to no avail. Thanks for that. Will visit the Apple Store and keep my fingers crossed.

This is a head scratcher alright...so please let us know when you get things working properly.

@Van778 

You have a little less than two hours before business hours close for the day so you should recieve a message from customer support within the hour. Even so they also sometimes respond after hours....like I recieved last night.

Keep in mind if you are travelling for more than 10 days that you cannot readd the same add on for at least 24 hours after expiry. You may want to ask the CSA to remove your 1GB data add on so that you can stagger it by a day or two so that you can use it and a voip for calls and text during the 24 hours you have to wait to add a second 10 day US roaming add on.

@Van778 wrote:

Here is what I added today:

- US Roaming - 1 GB Data (10-day) - $20.00

- US Roaming - 250 MB Data (10-day) - Free

US Roaming - Unlimited Talk (10-day) - Free

- US Roaming - Unlimited Text (10-day) - Free

Whoa! Made me look. Nope. Not free.

Van778

As pointed out by other earlier in this thread, this is a known problem on iPhone 7. It's not a SIM problem. Solution: I got a new phone.