cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The cellular number you've called is not assigned"

MrH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My wife is on Public Mobile but cannot receive calls/texts.  She has been paying her bills but cannot login to Public Mobile or get support from Public Mobile since logging in requires inputting a security code which is receieved by her the phone that is not receiving texts.

What can she do to resolve this issue?  She was told by another service provider that her number is "not active" so how would she go about activating it?  Please help as there are a number of important calls/texts that are being missed at this moment.

4 REPLIES 4

MrH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes my wife can make outgoing calls.  When I call 1.855.4PUBLIC, the system can locate her account.  Her balance os $0.  Her next payment is at the end of June.

It is strange, she did receive a call from a friend on their phone but almost all phones she cannot receive a call from so it's not consistent.  Any other suggestions?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MrH   on your wife's phone, does it show connected to PM network?

can she make outgoing calls?

if you call 1.855.4PUBLIC and click 1 for English then enter her phone number, can the system locate her account?

When was the last time she pay PM renewal?   did she ever try to make a charge back on a PM charge?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@MrH - when she dials 611 on her phone or calls 1-855-478-2542 or # 1-855-4PUBLIC from another device what does it say about her account? If they can't find the account, then there is an issue. A ticket should be submitted to CSA.

You can contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@MrH  

Auto pay can fail

To make payment and reactivate plan .if you know 4 digit PIN number to account  *611 . Or with  a voucher and *611  no PIN is needed . You can also do this by by calling 18554PUBLIC . To get services working and worry about log in afterwards and update credit card if necessary .

If you  still have service and your plan renews today / tomorrow you can ignore this suspended (on hold) notice

Need Help? Let's chat.