cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Plan Step" Of activation extremely slow

tpolson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good Morning,

Currently in a Chrome browser window, attempting to activate a plan.  "Plan" Step has been going on for more than 10 minutes without success. How long does this typically take?  I don't want to stop it and try again if the payment has been processed or if this is normal. 

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

@tpolson wrote:

I do see Koodo as a pending charge for the 2 accounts I created, and I am currently attempting to move from Rogers. Given that I see the pending charges, I can probably close the brower at this point and await the activation?  Numbers are being moved from current provider so I understand it could take a little bit of time to activate. Correct?

@tpolson 

2-3 hours for a cell phone port completion.

Use the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a Rogers landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

*Check your Private INBOX messages, I have sent you the TELUS Porting phone number.

You only need to contact them if it take over the allotted time to complete the port.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

@tpolson 

Keep your Rogers sim card in the phone to reply YES to the PAT(porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it. Once done check for outgoing services on the pm sim cards or if mobile data is working. Again if you cannot get services on the pm card contact customer support as this could just be an account set up and/or a provisioning issue for the sim card.

The Rogers port will complete within a few minutes to a maximum 2 hours. Your Rogers account will automatically be cancelled and your pm sim card will have incoming services.

Edit:

Yes you can close the browser. Activation is always immediate only incoming voice calls are delayed until porting completes.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

tpolson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I do see Koodo as a pending charge for the 2 accounts I created, and I am currently attempting to move from Rogers. Given that I see the pending charges, I can probably close the brower at this point and await the activation?  Numbers are being moved from current provider so I understand it could take a little bit of time to activate. Correct?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@tpolson  - IF, you do see your credit card was triggered to be charged online as a "Pending" transaction, then perhaps the activation completed.

In this case, try inserting the Public Mobile SIM card to see if you have any services on it.

Insert the SIM, and perform a Reset of the Network Settings of the device.

Any services work: calling/texting/data?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@tpolson 

Check to see if the payment was charged to your card. If so put the pm sim card in your phone and see if pubic mobile shows on your phone and if you have any services. If you have no services but a charge on your credit card contact customer support to see If your account and service is only partially set up and the CSA will finish the correct set up of your account.

If your card has not been charged for your plan amount start over but this time do the following:

1. Clear your browser.
  2. Reboot your device.
  3. Open one tab only.
  4. Use secret/incognito mode.
  5. Chrome, Firefox, Safari or MS Edge work best.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@tpolson wrote:

Good Morning,

Currently in a Chrome browser window, attempting to activate a plan.  "Plan" Step has been going on for more than 10 minutes without success. How long does this typically take?  I don't want to stop it and try again if the payment has been processed or if this is normal. 

Thanks

@tpolson  - it should not lag that long. If you have not past the payment section I would log out and quit that current session.

When you try again, open a tab in Chrome incognito mode to try again.

FYI, don't be alarmed if you see 'Koodo' on your credit card for the activation. Telus owns Koodo and Public Mobile, and the first charge tends to say Koodo, future ones after will be Public Mobile.

Don't forgot to sign up with a referral code to receive $10 off your 2nd cycle's bill.

Welcome!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@tpolson 

From a different device, check your payment card to see if it's been charged (may show as KOODO TOP UP REAPPROV", but it should display under 'pending' or 'unauthorized' charges)

If the charge is there, and if device being activated has working services, you're good to close that activation browser.

Need Help? Let's chat.