cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Phone number not a valid canadian phone number

JacobCollins
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm trying to sign my wife up for an account and port her number over but we're getting a "not a valid number" error. Current number is a halifax number, still active, coming from koodo, not a prepaid account. Anyone else experience this

7 REPLIES 7

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @JacobCollins 

Perhaps it's best to reach out to customer service for their assistance. Here is how.

To Submit a ticket, please click the following link to access the Public Mobile Chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type: Customer Service Agent

Chalupa_Batman_0-1718585960183.png

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: I am not a Public Mobile employee. I am a customer just like you. Please do not send me a private message with your personal information. 

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JacobCollins 

Well I guess that answer makes sense since its already with Koodo and I'm guessing originally a Koodo/Telus phone number. The original message during activation is more of a glitch in your case.

As long as your activation goes smoothly with a new number you can port in once you log into the account. You go to the Profile page>> Change phone # >>Enter the phone #, Provider and Account #. Keep the Koodo Sim card in the phone to reply YES (to the porting authorization text) within 90 minutes. The port should complete within minutes by the Koodo account closing and the Sim card stops working. Incoming calls will now be on the PM Sim card. Make sure you update the eversafe ID with the Koodo phone number once the port completes.

JacobCollins

Respone I got from that link.... "Unfortunately, this number isn't eligible to move to Koodo Mobile. If you'd like to move to Koodo Mobile with a new number, please visit a Koodo retailer or go to koodomobile.com" 

Any experience with this answer?

RavingRaven

@JacobCollins 

Sometimes this occurs when it's not prepaid but since its a Koodo phone number my edited advice applies to choose a new number and then port it in. But to be extra safe you can check it for portability (ironically) with the Koodo portability checker:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

JacobCollins

What is the typical wait time for this? I have time to wait with current phone number through koodo. Still recommend making a new number? 

JacobCollins

It is not a prepaid number. 

RavingRaven

@JacobCollins 

If it's a prepaid Koodo account you must pick a new number then contact customer support after activation to transfer the phone number.

Edit: Theres been some activation issues lately so taking a new number and porting in afterwards through your account is a safer option if your Sim card does not activate correctly and you require customer support to fix it. Then you at least keep active service while awaiting customer support.

Need Help? Let's chat.