cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"International Text/Picture"

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Does PM international text/pictures allow user to use it anywhere in the world or solely in Canada?  E.g. I can only send international text when I am in Canada not in US or anywhere?  Or not?

14 REPLIES 14

shiqing843
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thank you.

@shiqing843 wrote:

that's mean I need + first and then country code and then phone number? for example, I send a text to USA,i use +1xxxxxxxxxx or +01xxxxxxxxxx?

The + goes before the country code. The phone number goes immediately after.

The other way is to use 011 before the country code.

shiqing843

that's mean I need + first and then country code and then phone number? for example, I send a text to USA,i use +1xxxxxxxxxx or +01xxxxxxxxxx?

@shiqing843 wrote:

I have an unlimited international text plan. when I am in Canada,  how can I send a text to the person who is in another country? just use country code + his phone number?

Yes, that's right. Usually, you would enter it as +(country code) and then the number.

shiqing843

I have an unlimited international text plan. when I am in Canada,  how can I send a text to the person who is in another country? just use country code + his phone number?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sandpublic wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@sandpublic wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@sandpublic wrote:

Depends on your plan and what type of addon do you have but it typicaly means that you can send from Canada to International.

@sandpublic  NO this is wrong--there are no plans which include sending text messages from anywhere other than Canada.  

What about if I have a US roaming talk and text add-on and I'm in the US and texting back to Canada?

@sandpublic yes, but that's not part of your plan, it's an add-on.  You said "depends on your plan", which is misleading since there are no plans that include this. 

If you read my reply carefully you can see that I mentioned "plan and what type of addon" so my reply is correct.Smiley Happy

@sandpublic okay so I'm going to get pedantic here, no offense is intended!  For texting use while you are in Canada, only the plan you are on matters as to whether you can or cannot.  For texting use while you are in the USA, only* the active add-on(s) you have matters as to whether you can or cannot.  

* okay so to get more pedantic:  yes the plan sort of matters, but only in that to use any US roaming at all, you must have a valid, active plan.  However, that plan does not have to include any texting to be able to use the US Roaming Texting add-on.  So really the plan you are on as long as you are on a plan is irrelevant in determinging if you can or cannot text while in the USA.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@srlawren wrote:

@sandpublic wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@sandpublic wrote:

Depends on your plan and what type of addon do you have but it typicaly means that you can send from Canada to International.

@sandpublic  NO this is wrong--there are no plans which include sending text messages from anywhere other than Canada.  

What about if I have a US roaming talk and text add-on and I'm in the US and texting back to Canada?

@sandpublic yes, but that's not part of your plan, it's an add-on.  You said "depends on your plan", which is misleading since there are no plans that include this. 

If you read my reply carefully you can see that I mentioned "plan and what type of addon" so my reply is correct.Smiley Happy

srlawren

@sandpublic wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@sandpublic wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sandpublic

@srlawren wrote:

@sandpublic wrote:

srlawren

@sandpublic wrote:

mikuck23

the text messaging package allows you to send text from a public mobile zone to anywhere international.  In saying that you can always use wifi  when your travelling to send messages via imessage, whatsapp, viber, wechat etc.

sandpublic

@danlee wrote:

Does PM international text/pictures allow user to use it anywhere in the world or solely in Canada?  E.g. I can only send international text when I am in Canada not in US or anywhere?  Or not?

popping

@danlee wrote:

PM international text/pictures is not for roaming out side Canada.  It works only inside Canada.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle
All the plan features including international texting is based on being connected to the Public Mobile network while in Canada.
Need Help? Let's chat.