cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Canada-wide Talk Booster" Label Misleading

Talkr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was running low on minutes so I went shopping for Add-Ons and found Canada-Wide Talk Booster 500.

But apparently Canada-Wide Talk Booster 500 has no relation to local 100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk, because it is in fact 500 one-time Int'l LD, not local Canada.

Does anyone else find that label/name confusing??

19 REPLIES 19

You can add the 500 minute Canada wide calling add on for $5.

It’s a very sweet deal for those of us on the $15 plan 

additionally, the minutes do not expire until they are fully consumed and will rollover cycle over cycles

@Talkr   are you on the $15 plan and used up the minutes?

if so, just buy the Canada-wide minutes and they are used to make local calls 

500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance - $5.00 (5 Rewards points)

You calling an area code of the province you're in and a prefix of the town you're in, is the same as calling the opposite side of the country. It's just all minutes.

Talkr

It doesn't work. I purchased it twice and both remain unused in my account.

Talkr

Am I correct in understanding that there are no local plan add-ons?

All minutes add-ons, including Canada-wide talk booster, are long-distance only?

So the only way to add local minutes is to change your plan?

Thanks,

Kaan

ravenfinds
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, I did the same thing...very misleading.  I even checked with the bot Simon and got the wrong answer obviously.

Swee_Pea
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Talkr 

Look at the "My Account" Tab......it will show what ad ons you have and what the usage has been. 

Then 

Look at the "Payments Tab"..,.... => "View Payment History" and scroll down to find a purchase.  

I just tried on my iMac using safari and the pages would not populate. Then I tried Google Chrome and worked much faster. 

Are you on a mobile browser? Keep scrolling down and tap on View Payment history. Or tap the down arrow upper middle to the right of My Account to find more of the account options. Tap on Payments and scroll to find View Payment history.

Talkr

The first page only shows Plan Usage and Add-On Usage. It doesn't show dated payment transactions so I can go back to Public Mobile and say "Look on this date I paid $5 for Canada-Wide Talk and yet it doesn't show up on my Add-On Usage."

Swee_Pea

@Talkr 

Yes,,,,log into My Account and the first page should show it all.  It should also show in transactions by the date of purchase. 

@Talkr 

The site has some cache problem and you could be setting old cached page and hence the add-on just not showing even it was bought.

try login My Account again using Incognito mode and see if the addon is there.  If not, check if the money is sitting as Available Fund there and check Payment history and see if shoes PM took the money and how it used the money.  

if you really paid and the add-on still nowhere be found, please open to ticket with PM support for them to investigate:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Talkr

Well I've paid for Canada-Wide Talk Booster 500 and the minutes have not been added in My Account despite refreshing. This has happened once before and I let it go because I assumed I missed something.

Is there somewhere in My Account that lists Add-on that I've purchased so I can follow up with Public Mobile?

Thanks in advance.

Swee_Pea

Are you on the older provincial wide calling?

@Hollister 

Yes, I just saw that. My apologies. 

It looks like someone came over from Koodo to adjust the labels in the new self-serve. 

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wetcoaster 

I can see the confusion. Unfortunately they call it this in self service.

Canada-wide Talk Booster 500

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

We don't call them boosters here, they are add-ons. *

And yes, those 500 Canada wide minutes are perfect for supplementing your 100 outgoing minutes on the $15 plan. You can use them to call your neighbour or your friend / relative etc across the country. 

I guess they labelled them "Canada-wide" because they can be used anywhere in Canada to call anywhere in Canada?

If you are talking about the Christmas freebie of 500 international minutes - that can also be used to call Canadian and US numbers. Considering that paid international add-ons are more expensive than the $0.01/minute for the paid Canada-wide minutes, you might want to keep the gifted ones for calling outside of Canada if you make the occasional call to an included country?

*Edit: Apparently I have never looked at talk add-ons in the new self serve. That sticks out like a sore thumb!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Talkr - YES, the 500 minutes is for Canada Wide Calling.

Are you seeing the free bonus addon on your account, or another USA calling addon?

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Talkr 

The Canada-wide talk booster 500 is in fact the add on for Canada wide calling. Are you saying you purchased it and it is not? Make sure to clear your browser cache and use incognito. Click the spinner icon to refresh page.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Talkr   you got the correct one.  The Canada-wide Talk Booster 500 for $5 is the one you need if you are on $15 plan and run out of outgoing minutes.  It is Canada-wide, so, you can call local or call Canada wide

Just reboot your phone once and it should work

Need Help? Let's chat.