cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

publicmobile.ca no longer works in the Philippines and possibly elsewhere abroad without a VPN!

Jernikfra
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I live in Vancouver during spring and summer and in the Philippines during fall and winter there.

I suspend my account for 3 months, reactivate for a month and then suspend again for 2 months.

So my account is suspended until I return April 2.

I just found out that publicmobile.ca no longer works here without a VPN.

It might not also work in any countries without a Canadian IP address.

It worked until last month but now no longer does.

Login page works but when I login the page goes blank for both rewards and account.

Even worse, it is impossible to create a ticket!

I tried to complain about this terrible new feature but before submitting a ticket you have to log in again and that always generates an error message!

VPN's are often slow and not so reliable, and this is the case here.

A big thumbs down to Public Mobile for doing this and for claiming my login is invalid for the final step in creating a ticket.

If anyone can submit a ticket on my behalf it would be most appreciated.

I have tried numerous times, but even though I can log in and type this message, see my account, and try to create a ticket, the final login in before hitting submit a ticket always gives me a an error message.

So until I get back I can't do it myself.

Shame on public mobile for blocking its use abroad.

This could prove very inconvenient and annoying for people who don't know how to use a VPN and change their IP address to pretend they are in Canada.

Even then they might not be able to create a ticket like me!

34 REPLIES 34

@Jernikfra 

Ths could very well be a DNS issue rather than a geolocation one. I can't think of single reson for Public Mobile to block access to these websites.

@Jernikfra wrote:

Thanks for all the replies and help I have received here on this strange problem.

As of this morning publicmobile.ca now works here without a VPN!

Very strange how yesterday I could see the login page but when I logged in the page just went blank no matter how many times I tried.

It worked with a Canadian VPN but poorly.

Perhaps public mobile did something to fix this.

I couldn't submit a ticket yesterday by verifying by logging in or with my 4 digit pin because they both gave me an error message.

I could submit a ticket by entering the date and amount of my last bill though so that is what I did.

Today, I can submit a ticket by verifying my 4 digit pin, but verifying by logging in says my username is invalid which is incorrect.

So today is better in that it works without a VPN, but even though I log in with my username to create a ticket, when I try to verify before submitting the ticket it says the same username is invalid! The same thing happens in firefox incognito mode.

I will keep trying and see what happens.

I think it's your networking problem whether is using WIFI or wired connection. Check with your internet service provider. It's not about VPN, or PM website. 

I agree with the above reply but keep in mind that most everything here (the account) is based on eastern time.

I have also had better luck using the pin method.

@Jernikfra wrote:

Thanks for all the replies and help I have received here on this strange problem.

@Jernikfra  Happy that it is working now!!

I wonder if you happen to try to login when the site was down.  Try to avoid logging in after midnight and before morning, high risk of site maintenance.

And  when you open ticket, at the final stage to validate yourself, it is usually easier to use 4 digits PIN

or if anything, open ticket with PM support via direct message instead:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Jernikfra - you can also private message support if issues persist through SIMon Chatbo.

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Jernikfra

Very strange how yesterday I could see the login page but when I logged in the page just went blank no matter how many times I tried.

It worked with a Canadian VPN but poorly.

Perhaps public mobile did something to fix this.

I couldn't submit a ticket yesterday by verifying by logging in or with my 4 digit pin because they both gave me an error message.

I could submit a ticket by entering the date and amount of my last bill though so that is what I did.

Today, I can submit a ticket by verifying my 4 digit pin, but verifying by logging in says my username is invalid which is incorrect.

So today is better in that it works without a VPN, but even though I log in with my username to create a ticket, when I try to verify before submitting the ticket it says the same username is invalid! The same thing happens in firefox incognito mode.

I will keep trying and see what happens.

@softech  Yes, it has a site there but not for the free version that I use. $12 US to try it.  🤓

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Thanks @Luddite for testing  it out,   Finally, we are back on track to help OP. 🙂

Can your VPN connect to Phillipines to test out of PM site is blocked there

@Jernikfra  I think your vpn service is more likely the culprit. Just tried Windscribe via Germany and had no problem. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Again, there is no King here. I only see people with great heart to help people

and may I know how all these all OP in his problem accessing the site?

if you want to praise any particular member, would be nice to open a new post on the Lounge for further discussion instead of sidetracking the thread

softech
Oracle
Oracle

here, we only have people who put the heart to help.  No King, no Queen. Everyone treats everyone with respect.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

There is no king of this community. 

@hairbag1- There we go. Gracias senor. That's one international location. Maybe more from east Asia could report in if they just happen to see this.

But again, I think the customer was just having the usual site problems we often see.

@ShawnC13 

Thanks, I realized it when I saw @softech recommendation at that and it was late for me…2:00am. 🤣

@dust2dust 

amigo...it's been working fine in Mexico without a vpn.

@BKNS27 the user is in the Philippines but this post has nothing to do with phone service.  They are having issues accessing the public mobile website.  We really must read and understand the question before we respond or we should be asking more questions not suggesting unrelated solutions. You may have been confusing VPN with APN. 

@Jernikfra please let us know if you have had success with the other suggestions

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Wow. All kinds of misinterpretations.

I think the problem you were having is the same that a lot of people get with this site. Using a different browser or even device often works. It's always better with a non-mobile browser. And yes the incognito can also make it work. And some people suggest clearing cache and cookies.

Please do report back and try it without a VPN to make sure. I doubt Public is blocking international access. It's not geographically protected content. Why would they bother?

@Jernikfra wrote:

Good idea, I'll try firefox incognito mode and report back.

I had logged into publicmobile.ca without issues using regular firefox until today so they have obviously done something to publicmobile.ca recently.

If you try to login your self service account, the login address is : "https://telusidentity.telus.com/as/authorization.oauth2?response_type=code&client_id=cc26d3b9-3370-4...

Or you can click this community page upper right "Sign in" , then click "My Account". The login address is same as above.

@Jernikfra   just in case you still need to open ticket and unable to do so (since it needs to validate your id via My Account login) , open ticket with PM Support using direct message instead:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

You might want to ask them to help you to enable/disable Pre-Authorized payment

If they don't want to help with that, ask them to help to reset your 4 digits pin number if you have forgotten it.  With the 4 digits pin, you can call  1.855.4PUBLIC (using VoIP app) to enable/disable Autopay 

Jernikfra

Good idea, I'll try firefox incognito mode and report back.

I had logged into publicmobile.ca without issues using regular firefox until today so they have obviously done something to publicmobile.ca recently.

no worry @Jernikfra   Try the different things I suggested

Also, if possible, try to access publicmobile.ca via different internet source (different mobile carrier, or different Wifi sources like different home provider, from different hotels).  And remember use Incognito mode and without any browser extention

I have tried accessing from overseas to publicmobile.ca without problem. So, I wonder if it is just a particular provider not accessing Telus server (publicmobile.ca is hosted on Telus)

and another suggestion, you can download a VoIP app like TextNow or Fongo.  It will provide you a new Canadian phone number and you can call using the app.  

Then call 1.855.4PUBLIC, enter your phone number and you can enable /disable Autopy there, but you need your 4 digits PIN to do so.  Hope that helps

Jernikfra

I am in the Philippines, and you even though you read the title you didn't understand it and obviously still haven't read the body of my post so I wouldn't reply anymore until you do that.

@Jernikfra 

I read your title post so I assume you are in the Philippines.

@Jernikfra wrote:

Login page works but when I login the page goes blank for both rewards and account.

@Jernikfra 

did you try to use Incognito mode (or Private mode on Safari) to login ?

Or try with different browser, Edge/Chrome/Firefox , or try on different devices

Also, if you are using Chrome on desktop, try to open Chrome without any extension:

Press Windows+R key together to open the RUN box.
Copy and then paste or type the following syntax into the “Open” field and click on “OK”
For 32-bit Windows:

"C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --disable-extensions

OR
For 64-bit Windows

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --disable-extensions

Jernikfra

How is it possible you can type perfect English replies, but you can't understand my post in plain English?

Jernikfra

My goodness you just don't get it do you. You have replied 3 times now to my post telling me I can't roam in the Philippines using Public Mobile. Nowhere in my post does it say I'm trying to roam in the Philippines!

Sit down, read my post title and body and then stop telling me I'm can't do something I'm not trying to do!

@Jernikfra 

Oops sorry, I thought you are currently in the Philippines.

If you are in Canada now, try rebooting your phone by powering off the power back on.

@Jernikfra 

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/overview-of-add-ons 

As stated earlier, PM only works if you are travelling in Canada and USA. Telus, Koodo and PM does NOT work in the Philippines because they do not have cell towers or a contact with carriers in the Philippines.

Jernikfra

Once again you didn't read my post. Nowhere does it say I'm roaming in the Philippines using a Public Mobile SIM.

I recommend reading my post to understand it before replying.

Need Help? Let's chat.