cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

publicmobile.ca no longer works in the Philippines and possibly elsewhere abroad without a VPN!

Jernikfra
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I live in Vancouver during spring and summer and in the Philippines during fall and winter there.

I suspend my account for 3 months, reactivate for a month and then suspend again for 2 months.

So my account is suspended until I return April 2.

I just found out that publicmobile.ca no longer works here without a VPN.

It might not also work in any countries without a Canadian IP address.

It worked until last month but now no longer does.

Login page works but when I login the page goes blank for both rewards and account.

Even worse, it is impossible to create a ticket!

I tried to complain about this terrible new feature but before submitting a ticket you have to log in again and that always generates an error message!

VPN's are often slow and not so reliable, and this is the case here.

A big thumbs down to Public Mobile for doing this and for claiming my login is invalid for the final step in creating a ticket.

If anyone can submit a ticket on my behalf it would be most appreciated.

I have tried numerous times, but even though I can log in and type this message, see my account, and try to create a ticket, the final login in before hitting submit a ticket always gives me a an error message.

So until I get back I can't do it myself.

Shame on public mobile for blocking its use abroad.

This could prove very inconvenient and annoying for people who don't know how to use a VPN and change their IP address to pretend they are in Canada.

Even then they might not be able to create a ticket like me!

34 REPLIES 34

Jernikfra

I managed to submit a ticket finally using the other identity method. Using a VPN for publicmobile. ca is very inconvenient. It is slow and buggy and often shows blank pages unless I restart the VPN and try again. a very annoying theing they have done blocking it's use here and possibly elsewhere. If anyone else is abroad like me please try publicmobile.ca and see if it works and report back. They might have blocked it in only some places outside Canada or possibly all. I'm using urban VPN on firefox.

@Jernikfra 

You need a local SIM for service to work in the Philippines.

It indicates PM because you have the PM SIM in your phone.

Jernikfra

My message says publicmobile.ca doesn't work, not Public Mobile roaming.

You obviously didn't read my message!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Jernikfra 

PM only works in Canada and Roaming Add-on in the US. There are no roaming in the Philippines.

The VPN is a device issue not a carrier issue.

BTW, what VPN app are you using?

Need Help? Let's chat.