cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

public sim not working in redmi note 10 pro

kailasneupane
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just bought public sim from wallmart at $39.21 but it is not working in my mobile redmi note 10 pro 64mp. The shopkeeper tried the sim in his Samsung and it worked but not in mine redmi phone. Any help to fix this will be appreciated. My phone is unlocked and works well in other sim like chatr.

27 REPLIES 27

@softech wrote:

@kailasneupane  basically a perfect storm for you, you have a non-North American phone with less bands than recommended and you are in Winnipeg  😞  

You will likely need to use another phone if you are staying with PM

@esjliv   where you check it from?  are you checking with the exact model for the Indian variant number?  or just Redmi note 10 Pro?  This Chinese maker has too many different variants. 

@softech  - searching the model itself. There is a 128GB and 64GB.

https://www.frequencycheck.com/search?s=M2101K6P

@kailasneupane wrote:

My current location is Allegheny Drive. Does this mean my payment went in vain? I don't want to change mobile.

@kailasneupane  - oh, so you are in Winnipeg. 

Read some info. that may be useful:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Text-From-PM-About-Changes-To-Mani...

Curious, when you were at Walmart did the representative mention anything about services for Public Mobile ?

I doubt they would, they are not specifically PM representatives.

Do you have an alternative phone you could use with PM services, as least for this prepaid period that you already shovelled out $'s for?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@kailasneupane wrote:

I just bought public sim from wallmart at $39.21 but it is not working in my mobile redmi note 10 pro 64mp. The shopkeeper tried the sim in his Samsung and it worked but not in mine redmi phone. Any help to fix this will be appreciated. My phone is unlocked and works well in other sim like chatr.

Where from did you get that phone? Is it Canadian version?

Mobile phones has to be able to handle frequencies and bands supported by PM.

Did any of Canadian SIMs ever worked with your phone?

@esjliv wrote:

@softech  - funny, i checked that too, elsewhere, but seemed okay.

esjliv_0-1645184843970.png

esjliv_1-1645184934252.png

The information from that website cannot be relied upon.  It is incorrectly stating that Public Mobile has a 2g GSM network.

@kailasneupane wrote:

Ok. I didn't have any chance of using this sim after I bought it from walmart at $39.21 due to compatibility issue in my redmi note 10 pro M2101K6P. I would like to return it and get a refund. How can I do that?

I agree with others that you're not going to receive a refund, but I don't see a refund as fixing this issue.  How long have you been using this phone?  This phone isn't going to work all that well on any carrier in Canada.  Even on Chatr, use of this phone model is far less than ideal.  If at all possible, I would consider possibly purchasing a new device and selling your current one (if you can find a buyer although that will be difficult because most people in Canada won't buy a phone with it's lack of network compatibility).

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kailasneupane 

You can't....there are no refunds. Did you port in your phone number or pick a new one? Maybe you can sell the plan or borrow a phone for a month to use the sim card in?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

OMG......but I couldn't have said it better myself. 

@kailasneupane 

Of basically the one band you do have 1900 you have good coverage for your location with a tower by the university stadium and one on your end of baldry creek park. 

On another note your street name sounded very familiar....I think I stayed in an airbnb on your street a few years ago?🤔

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@kailasneupane wrote:

Ok. I didn't have any chance of using this sim after I bought it from walmart at $39.21 due to compatibility issue in my redmi note 10 pro M2101K6P. I would like to return it and get a refund. How can I do that?

@kailasneupane   PM is a prepaid service.  I am afraid you might not be.  But given that PM reduced coverage in Winnipeg, maybe try to open ticket with PM Support and discuss with them about that:

1. For faster response (2-48 hours) and you have access to self-serve My Account, Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. If you do not have access to self-serve My Account you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kailasneupane  basically a perfect storm for you, you have a non-North American phone with less bands than recommended and you are in Winnipeg  😞  

You will likely need to use another phone if you are staying with PM

@esjliv   where you check it from?  are you checking with the exact model for the Indian variant number?  or just Redmi note 10 Pro?  This Chinese maker has too many different variants. 

kailasneupane

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kailasneupane 

Unfortunately in Winnipeg and Brandon Bell dropped their sharing agreement with telus for 3G B5 so

telus doesn't have 3G B5 (850 MHz). Which means phone calls on PM must use 3G B2 (1900 MHz). Either your phone isn't supporting 3G 1900, or you are out of coverage for Telus 3G in your location, while being in coverage of Bell/Rogers.

LTE might work on certain bands, which would let you use data, SMS/MMS, voicemail indicator, but the actual voice calling still requires 3G 1900.

Even North American version phones have some experienced connectivity issues in these two cities and will continue to be affected until telus enables voLTE calling for pm. Still your phone is not meant to be used here....its a domestic market phone for India.

@softech  - funny, i checked that too, elsewhere, but seemed okay.

esjliv_0-1645184843970.png

esjliv_1-1645184934252.png

kailasneupane

In "prefer network type" I have options

Prefer LTE

Prefer 3G

2G only

I tried all three, still no success.

kailasneupane

My current location is Allegheny Drive. Does this mean my payment went in vain? I don't want to change mobile.

@kailasneupane 

Any phone you are considering should ideally have 3G B2, B5 and LTE B4 (or B66 instead of B4), B12 (or B17 instead of B12) for minimum coverage.

Your phone does not have the recommended band on LTE,  but has B2 (1900) on 3G.  I  suggest you can try to change the Network setting to 3G Only /WCDMA and see if it connects.

Again, since  your phone does not have all recommended bands, you may have poor coverage / no service / slow data in many locations.

I would suggest you to use another phone for PM

@kailasneupane   Your phone is an Indian variant.

PM network needs these bands 

4G = B2(1900), B4/B66(2100 or 1700), B5(850), B7(2600), B12/B17(700), B13(700), B29(700-Suppl. DL), B30(2300)
3G = B2(1900) B5 (850)

base on gsmarena , your phone  has these bands

3G bandsHSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
4G bands1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 40, 41

(only the BOLD ones above are compatible here)

I am afraid your phone won't work well with PM because of the lack of bands.  It work work  in some area and might not work in others

Where is your location? Winnipeg?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@kailasneupane - if after suggested troubling shooting perhaps try a Factory Reset of your device.

Be sure to back up any data first.

kailasneupane

I tried this but no success.

kailasneupane

I tried doing reset of network setting as well, still, the issue persists. My reset steps for model M2101K6P were in

Connection & Sharing>Reset Wi-Fi, mobile networks, and Bluetooth. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kailasneupane 

Ok try this recommendation in order:

How To Fix Cellular Network Issue On the Redmi Note 10 Pro?

• Remove SIM card from your Redmi Note 10 Pro device and insert the SIM again.
  • Turn ON airplane mode for 30 seconds, and after a few seconds, turn it OFF again.
  • Reset your network settings.
  • Be sure to restart your Redmi Note 10 Pro once and check if your problem is fixed.

This is a common problem, and you can troubleshoot this problem by following all these steps.

kailasneupane

I tried inserting the sim in another slot as well. Still, the issue occurs.

kailasneupane

I tried doing everything, still no any signal bar. 

My phone model is M2101K6P

kailasneupane

Is it giving you an error message?

=> No

What OS do you have?

=> Android 11 with MIUI Global 12.5.10 stable.

What is showing under mobile networks?

=> It shows public mobile and its corresponding number. But no network is detected.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@kailasneupane 

Try performing a reset of your network settings on your redmi.

Steps found here: https://www.hardreset.info/devices/xiaomi/xiaomi-mi-note-10-pro/reset-network-settings/

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kailasneupane 

Can you put the sim card in the other sim slot and see if it works in that one?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kailasneupane   Put the PM SIM back to the phone and let us know if there is any connection.  Any signal bar?  does it say connected?  if not, what are the error  No Network?  No SIM? 

If it connects, try if any of these works

outgoing calls

incoming calls

Mobile Data

According to some research, your phone should work on PM.  But this phone has many regional variant, so, give us the exact model number and we can try to find out more 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kailasneupane 

Is it giving you an error message? What OS do you have? What is showing under mobile networks?

Need Help? Let's chat.