cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

public Mobile changed my phone number

elvis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am new to public mobile but have been successfully using my old phone number which I transferred over. Today I received a text telling me they couldn't complete the transfer and they gave me a new number. On top of that the new number is outside the region I live in.

I can't seem to connect with anyone who can reverse this decsiion and give me my old number back.

4 REPLIES 4

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

In order to port number you have to follow porting instructions to the letter.

IF both accounts are still active you can initiate porting again.

Check here if your number is eligible for porting:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

To connect with agent you have 2 options. Agents DO REPLY within 20-30 min (my experience) and ARE VERY helpful!

To Contact CSA-agent there are 2 methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Ticket has to be opened through chatbot - https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Having a ticket is preferred way to contact agent as they might respond faster then receiving personal mail.

If opening a ticket does not work very first time, contact agent directly.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking (Ctrl+) Here

Agent’s response is usually between 15 and 120 minutes with a ticket. Private messaging might take longer.

Watch for envelope in top right corner of Community page. It will show Number of unread emails.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @elvis   because you didn't complete the porting process.  Your old carrier sent you a text and you need to reply YES to complete the porting.  It has been one full month and PM has to assign you a new number and cancel the porting request

do you still have the old sim card? make sure the old carrier account still active

Then go back to My Account and you can resubmit a porting request from there. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@elvis was your previous account active when your requested the port to here? It needs to be active. Check with your old provider if the account is still active or okay to reactivate. 

Then preform the transfer request again, but this time through your my account under the change number option.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@elvis 

Did you respond "YES" to the port authorization request when porting the number here.

Is your old provider service account STILL active?   If it is, the port didn't complete.  Check that, then request the porting be done again.

In order to complete it, you can do so on the self-serve page under your Profile.

When entering the prior provider information, use the account number, then place your old provider SIM card back in your device, await the Port Authorization Text, respond "YES", then replace with your Public Mobile SIM card.

Reboot your device, and you should be good to go.

Need Help? Let's chat.