cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

prorated refund on porting out number to other provider

poojajain
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

if I want to port out my phone number to other provider but my billing cycle just started, do I get refund on prorated basis for remaining number of days of billing cycle same as other providers do?

9 REPLIES 9

@poojajain- There's history. So responding to that user is working off of that. You will not get any pro-rated refund. It simply doesn't work that way. For that user to suggest contacting support wastes your time and theirs and the support people. Post-paid type services would usually do some pro-rating. But as the first reply said...not pre-paid...which is what this place is.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Remember…What’s with the useless cut and paste replies?  
You’re not adding anything valuable here. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@poojajain 

You fought so hard to activate and get the referral promotion and now you want to leave? What are you dissatisfied with?

poojajain

thanks a lot for your answer. I did submitted a ticket but their process is usually very long and they take lot of time in the process of verification and back and forth messages. For one of my numbers, billing cycle already started today and for other number its starting in 2 days so I thought to ask here and not end up paying more waiting for answer.

someone just answered that no refunds on prepaid phone service so now I can ask my family members what to do and take a informed decision. 

thanks a lot everyone for your time and answers.

poojajain

I did not know about this. thanks a lot for your answer. 

poojajain

how rude? why are you here wasting everyone's time if this is the case? this is the platform built by public mobile for the purpose of asking questions in community and I believe that you get points for answering questions so why are you here if this is time waste for you. Please don't spoil the atmosphere by these kind of words. thanks for your time

@Remember- Why bother? Why waste everybody's time? Prepaid does not work that way. have you ever read here of anyone getting a prorated refund when they port out? Not gonna happen.

Remember
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@poojajain 

open a ticket with PM CS_Agent. at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. ask them to,

type: Contact Us and Other 
Finally Click here to submit a ticket
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

If you have error submitting a ticket, send a private message to the CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

check inbox(top right corner envelope icon) for response from CS_Agent.

GR
Mayor / Maire

Sorry,  you don't .  In Canada the rules are no refunds on prepaid phone service.  You could wait  until you have a week left just incase because your account has to be active to be ported out.  But if you have a good deal waiting now go for it! 

Need Help? Let's chat.