cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pre-authorized payment but no service

w15506
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

updated my credit card info (old one expired) and showed most recent charge on my credit card was Sep 17. but no service.

Cell phone#: 437***xxx8

accountID: 1xxxx-*****-xxx7

Edit by popping to remove personal info Screenshots as anyone can access your post for privacy reason.

22 REPLIES 22

w15506

SIM card issue. replaced with a new SIM. problem resolved. thx

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@w15506 

I think you may have already identified your issue which is your card needs to be reprovisioned after a suspension which is fairly common. But saying that if you use this as more of an emergency phone you don't need to be on the old build your own plan that is now a legacy plan so if you do change it you will not be able to go back to it but I don't see why you would want to either?

You would do just fine having the $15 plan and add a $5/500 min calling add on if you really feel you needed the extra outgoing minutes in addition to the 100 outgoing minutes you get with the $15 plan. So I would think about scheduling a change plan on next renewal to the $15 plan or at the very least switch to the current $25 plan with 1 GB of data in addition to the unlimited text and canada wide calling not just provincial calling.

This looks like your plan going by the way you are charged for billing in your transaction history.

Screenshot_20221005-013711.png

Any news from support yet? How long have you had this plan? It seems to have no plan data included (if it was all used then it would be a red bar) and provincial calling. And your payment detail line just says texting. Any chance you'd be willing to provide an image of that Aug 17 payment timeframe?

w15506

the device works well and on the phone, it is shows no service. I have pull the SIM out and put it back in, but still shows " no service".

the phone is working well. it may need a refresh at backend network end.

w15506

actually this phone is a backup phone as a cell phone/landline, which I dont use it at all, since I  have another phone with 25G data and unlimited national wide call. although I dont use it, there are unknown calls and txt msg came in from time to time. Aug 17 was another pay history

I think your plan in the system got wrecked. Do you actually agree that you have provincial calling? And why isn't that mentioned in your payment history.

Be sure to click on those little spinner refresh icons in the lower right corners.

And payment history from before the 16th?

@w15506 did you try to put your PM sim card in another phone?  I wonder if it is device issue 

and on your current phone,  any error message on the phone stsus bar? No Sim? No Network?  Sim not provisioned??

w15506

I could not make out going calls or receive calls. so I don think txt msg working. receiving calls directly go to voice msg.

w15506

PM pkg.PNG

Interesting description. So can you text in or out? That also says an autopay. Do you have prior payment history?

w15506

Ticket reference number: 251742-215, submitted today

w15506

PM sep payment.PNG

Maybe you could provide some images of your payment history for the last while from here like your other images. And maybe one of your plan details on the main page. No private information.Not your credit card. Here.

w15506

The service has been stopped for a while back to June or July since my old credit card expired. no service then. I logged in self-serve to update my credit card info but the service was still not available

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Given that I only verify through personal and self-serve account info a fraudster who is good at their job...lol... Can find enough info online along with the info posted to verify an account.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@popping 

Thank you.

@computergeek541 

Yes I do realize that oracles have some limitations and that cannot completely remove screenshots. However if the OP does not remove them in short order the post can be reported so that the customer support   does delete the images.

@softech 

Thanks for offering the OP the instructions on how to remove their images from their image library.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What's the big deal? There's nothing sensitive shown. What..are people going to guess what the third set of digits are for the sim? No. Are people going to guess what number comes after the 1 and zeros? No. Are people going guess the whole rest of the credit card number? No.

If support only takes the last 4 digits of the credit card as verification and calls it done then that's a problem. They won't.

@w15506  you can go to your image libary:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/251742/tab/all

on each image, click the X on the top right and remove them one at a time

@darlicious 

Unforunately, only the OP or Public Mobile can entirely remove the screenshots.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@w15506 

Please remove your screenshots from your post by clicking on the little arrow thingy on the right side of the post to edit them out and then go to your image library and remove them from your image library by deleting them. They are containing too much sensitive account information for a public forum. You may also want to edit out your phone number even though you have blanked out some of the numbers there are fraudsters that lurk on this forum that can steal your information.

@popping 

Can you please edit out any information that you can from the OP's post? Please and thank you.

WilliamDong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@w15506 

Check if the credit card charged was the old expired one. If so you have to manually top up using your new credit card. Check both credit card statements. If that doesn't work clear cache and then login to check data and minutes left. If you've tried all of that, try reinserting your sim card or getting a new one from the shop.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@w15506 

you said PM charged you on Sept 17.  Have you been no service at all since ?  or just stopped working today??

Login again with Incognito mode.  Confirm if it shies Account status Active or not.  

Also, go to Payment History and confirm if PM charged  you on Sept 17

Need Help? Let's chat.