cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help me get my old number back

shannon2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Phone was showing no service so had to get a new sim card. I went from PM to PM and did what i was told to do. It (PM) ended up giving me a different phone number. Is there a way to get my original phone number back? Please help.

Edit to add: i went into my account and clicked the change sim card. it had my old sim there and then the spot where i put my new sim number in

8 REPLIES 8

My first thought reading this as well.... A new SIM card would be quite a ways down the list of things to check if you suddenly had no service.

AE_Collector

@shannon2 you will need assistance of moderators. They work for public mobile and can see everything. 

Simon.JPG

Or send them a private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

shannon2

HI, I just figured from what i could find that my card "went bad".  I am not really clear why it hap...

When i look at the phone number it is now a different number. 😞 

@shannon2  prior to getting a new sim card.

Did you investigate why your phone was showing no service?

When you log into your account and click "change plan" it will show the number that is registered to the account on the top left.

Is it your number or some other number?

When you say "I did what I was told to do do and it ended up giving me a different number"

Could you have accidentally hit "Change number" instead of "change sim card"??

shannon2

Thank you!

@shannon2 wrote:

hi, Yes i went into my account and clicked the change sim card. it had my old sim there and then the spot where i put my new sim number in

@shannon2  Odd that when using the "change sim" that your number got changed as well. You'll have to contact the moderators to see if they can help you out.

You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Click the question mark bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system;

kevenv_2-1599233493879.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

shannon2

hi, Yes i went into my account and clicked the change sim card. it had my old sim there and then the spot where i put my new sim number in

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Did you activate the second sim card and pay for a plan?

If so, this is not the proper way to do it. You may have two accounts now with two plans?

What you are supposed to do is. Get a new sim card (do not activate it) and log into your account and click " change sim card"

Green arrow

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

Did you do it that way? Or did you activate a new sim card with a new plan?

If you activated a new sim card then you will have to contact moderators to see if they can fix everything up for you.

Simon.JPG

Or private message them at this link

Need Help? Let's chat.