cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plan

Zaid12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hey I don't use that much data does anyone have a 4g plan and does it have good internet quality i am thinking of switching

4 REPLIES 4

Wayworn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don’t think that you’ll even notice if you were to switch fown from 5G to 4G .
I recently switched from Bell 5G to PM 4G and I find absolutely no difference in reception and day to day use. I use my phones google maps on GPS, downloaded pictures and videos in addition of course to iMessages -green texts and voice calls. 

maurelle
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Zaid12 wrote:

hey I don't use that much data does anyone have a 4g plan and does it have good internet quality i am thinking of switching

The 3G/4G/5G designation on plans is mainly a marketing gimmick here at Public Mobile. All plans have access to all network types, whatever is available / strongest. The designation refers to the maximum of throttled speed that your plan gets: up to 3mbps on a 3G plan (not available to new sign-ups anymore, but there are still some existing customers on those plans), up to 100mbps on a 4G plan, up to 250mbps on a 5G plan. While streaming videos or gaming could be frustrating on 3G speed these days, if you are mainly checking emails and social media you're unlikely to notice a difference between the three plan types.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Zaid12 

I have a 3G plan and can surf the webs, listen to music etc while walking or driving around town..without too much problem. I live in a rural area of BC, and there is 5G in my area too. My spouse has a 4G plan and it works great too.

Mobile data service is generally fine. Coverage and speeds can vary based on location.

Need Help? Let's chat.