cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plan expired, set up autopay. do i still need to make a one time payment too?

sand_dollar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi 

I thought I had set up autopay at the retailer when I got my phone..apparently not because today i got a message saying that my payment was due tomorrow and there isn't enough money in my account to renew. And indeed when I logged in it said my plan was expired. So I set up auto pay (on the credit card they had on file from when I set up the line). (i have two plan/phones with Public so I am a bit familiar with how it works). It now says autopay is active on this account, next autopay scheduled for Feb 21 (tomorrow) however it also still says in the red letter under overview that the plan is expired, and shows may account balance is $0. My question is, do i still need to make a one time payment tonight for the amount due or should it just let it take the auto payment tomorrow and expect all to be well? Thanks in advance..hope it all makes sense.

9 REPLIES 9

@sand_dollar wrote:

thank you jb456.. i feel like i can safely wait and see what happens and it should be fine..this is why the survey's are important to fill out I think;so we can explain to this company that although we love their rates the quirks of the system cause a lot of confusion for members. like when you are in an area of superstore with no reception. .(unbeknownst to you ) and you try to make a call and it instead tells you that your plan does not allow for that service... slightly alarming but you get used to it..still, i remain loyal...

Unfortunately, this is one of those 'quirks' that many long term customers here have been asking PM to fix.  You're right it is alarming to see that message and by now PM should really have fixed it.  But changes to PM's system are agonizingly slow but I understand they are working on fixing some of these, but if this particular 'quirk' is on their 'to do list', we don't know.  But at least now you know to ignore it as long as your phone services are working properly.  Good luck with the payment tomorrow:)

sand_dollar

Thank you kind sir. I'm leaving it alone...

sand_dollar

thank you jb456.. i feel like i can safely wait and see what happens and it should be fine..this is why the survey's are important to fill out I think;so we can explain to this company that although we love their rates the quirks of the system cause a lot of confusion for members. like when you are in an area of superstore with no reception. .(unbeknownst to you ) and you try to make a call and it instead tells you that your plan does not allow for that service... slightly alarming but you get used to it..still, i remain loyal...

@sand_dollar the payment will be taken at 2.00 am est on the 21st. The process has started. You are confident that your credit card is set up properly. So leave it. If it works you will have service tomorrow morning .

@sand_dollar wrote:

thank you great citizen..love public mobile, whole family is on it.. but the user interface and account set up area leaves a lot to be desired...the phone is still working tonight, i just tested it. and the cc is good, it's paying for my other line too..which just renewed.. I"m just trying to avoid making an unnecessary one time payment. am also concerned it will take the one time payment and also take it again tomorrow through autopay. my thought was that after i had "reset-up" the auto pay and it showed that it was active and i logged out and logged back in, i was hoping that it wouldn't still show my plan as "expired" but it does..  so either the autopay takes a while to register with the system and it will take it out as my next due payment or i will be SOL tomorrow if i don't make an additional one time payment tonight.. thoughts?

It shows like that for everyone for several years. It goes expired, suspended, back to active regardless if you're on auto-pay or not.

System always adds any reward first to your balance...then deduct from your balance a first remainder is charged to your credit card plus your province taxes.

Since you said card works as your other account was just charged. Don't worry about it. No need to add funds to your account let autopay deal with it.

sand_dollar

thank you great citizen..love public mobile, whole family is on it.. but the user interface and account set up area leaves a lot to be desired...the phone is still working tonight, i just tested it. and the cc is good, it's paying for my other line too..which just renewed.. I"m just trying to avoid making an unnecessary one time payment. am also concerned it will take the one time payment and also take it again tomorrow through autopay. my thought was that after i had "reset-up" the auto pay and it showed that it was active and i logged out and logged back in, i was hoping that it wouldn't still show my plan as "expired" but it does..  so either the autopay takes a while to register with the system and it will take it out as my next due payment or i will be SOL tomorrow if i don't make an additional one time payment tonight.. thoughts?

At renewal it goes "expired".

Then it will go "suspended" with this notice on pic below.Screenshot_20200205_002706.jpg

Then it will go back to active later on.

As long as your phone continues to work it's normal and nothing to worry about.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@sand_dollar technically, if your service is working, you don't need to do it. However, in this case, I would recommend a one time payment. Both to check that your credit card is set up properly and to make sure there are no hiccups in your renewal.

@sand_dollar wrote:

Hi 

I thought I had set up autopay at the retailer when I got my phone..apparently not because today i got a message saying that my payment was due tomorrow and there isn't enough money in my account to renew. And indeed when I logged in it said my plan was expired. So I set up auto pay (on the credit card they had on file from when I set up the line). (i have two plan/phones with Public so I am a bit familiar with how it works). It now says autopay is active on this account, next autopay scheduled for Feb 21 (tomorrow) however it also still says in the red letter under overview that the plan is expired, and shows may account balance is $0. My question is, do i still need to make a one time payment tonight for the amount due or should it just let it take the auto payment tomorrow and expect all to be well? Thanks in advance..hope it all makes sense.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sand_dollar 

Makes perfect sense for this place.

It's all normal. If the date up top is tomorrow then tonight is your renewal and it'll take what it needs from your autopay.

A suggestion is to do a quick manual payment of $1 just to test the card. Then your renewal will be $1 less.

Need Help? Let's chat.