Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plan cancelled

c4po
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

mar 24, 22
hi PM,
my cell has been broken for almost a week and the sim card is not in it.  today i put my sim card in someone else's cell and i noticed this message:

-public mobile here. your plan did not renew because we did not receive your payment. make a payment at:
https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca
-if you have recently made a manual payment, please ignore this message.
-please make a one-time payment with a valid credit card at *611 or: selfserve.publicmobile.ca

could you tell me what it means? i've had a PM account since 2019 and have never seen this before. my monthly automatic visa card payments have always been fine, so i'm not sure what's going on and what to do.
-thx

mar 25, 22
update: i got someone at a PM store to go online and update my payment using my debit card. but now i worry that my past VISA card autopay and discounts (Auto Pay, Loyalty Pays) will no longer work. plus, must i re-apply for autopay? so, now i must pay monthly or loose my service? i'm confused.

8 REPLIES 8

@BorisDoris  Here's a link to PM's rules regarding suspension and loyalty rewards:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/get-help/articles/overview-of-old-public-rewards

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BorisDoris 

That would be paying for a total of 120 days of service + a few days to gain a year of loyalty.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@c4po 

You seem to know your login credentials for your self serve account.... you must not have access to a computer or the internet due to your broken phone? If you are waiting  for a replacement phone and you cant use your service you have a maximum 89/90 days to reactivate your service if you havent already. 

If you still don't have a phone by your next renewal you can suspend your service via lost/stolen before midnight eastern on day 30 and retain active voicemail while not paying for a plan. Pay and reactivate before 85 days have passed (dont leave it to day 89/90 in case you have an issue.) so you dont lose your account. After reactivation you will have to contact customer support to manually apply your rewards as lost/stolen causes a glitch and they don't apply automatically.

Otherwise your rewards are unaffected (or as @dabr noted if you are suspended for 60+ days in a row your loyalty gets pushed back) but double check that you are still signed up for dynamic autopay. When updating your payment info did you happen to notice if your visa card had expired? Was this the reason your autopay failed? And whatever you do....stick with rewards!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

BorisDoris
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@dabr wrote:

@Meow    Short term suspensions of an account (60 days or less) doesn't affect the loyalty rewards but if suspended longer than 60 days, then the loyalty date gets pushed by the number of days the account was suspended.  However, nothing gets lost but autopay can get disabled by removing and adding back a payment card.

Oh, that is Very good to know. Loyalty is NOT lost at all. Only 60 days or less - nothing happened. 60+ days loyalty date get pushed forward.

But will this work then? One pays bill every 60 days to keep number and after a year he get 1 year loyalty for paying 6 months only?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Meow    Short term suspensions of an account (60 days or less) doesn't affect the loyalty rewards but if suspended longer than 60 days, then the loyalty date gets pushed by the number of days the account was suspended.  However, nothing gets lost but autopay can get disabled by removing and adding back a payment card.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

Your loyalty and autopay rewards 

I could not answer regarding loyalty reward (did not want to guess and provide wrong answer) but is there any time limit how long account could be suspended due to no payment before loyalty is set back to 0 years?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@c4po   As long as your services are working then it's safe to ignore the text as that is just PM's standard text sent if payment is due.

Your loyalty and autopay rewards will all stay but you might need to enable autopay again if you've replaced the payment card.  Just log into your account and select the payment tab to enable autopay or scroll down the overview page and at the bottom it should tell you if you're on autopay payments or not.

BTW, if you've been with PM for awhile, then don't opt into the new points rewards system as once you opt in, you won't be able to return to the old rewards system which gives you the $2 autopay discount which has been eliminated and replaced with a 5% payment discount in the new points system.

Edit:  upon second reading, you should log into your account and make sure that your payment went through otherwise select the payment tab and make a payment for the amount due or select "other" and add the necessary funds and choose Reactivate account.  Log out and reboot.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Do you have self-serving account?

Most items you mentioned could be viewed there: rewards, autopay, etc.

You have to verify and confirm you still have service and your service has been restored after missing payment.

You will not lose autopay unless somebody removed it from your account.

Just to be on the same page, log in to your account and see what it says and let us know.

Need Help? Let's chat.