cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

online re-activated suspended account didn't work

ABNS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

Anyone had experience to re-activate a suspended account through "My Account" online outside of PM network, e.g., not within Canada?

More details of my case. I went out of Canada and suspended my number in May. But later I decided to re-activate it later in June. I did this online through my account and everything looked back to normal (no suspension warning any more). I even tried to call my number through fongo, it worked. Because it didn't tell me the number was not in service any more, and I even reached my voice mailbox. My credit card was also listed there for auto-payment as well. Before I suspended my number, I even paid an extra month bill manually, i.e., beyond whatever I paid through auto-payment.

Anyway, I didn't realize there's any issue until very recently. I'm not able to log into my account (I had another post earlier: login-and-reset-password-problem ). Thanks for those who tried to help me.

Now it turned out to be my account issue. Through private messages, @CS_Agent just told me my account was deleted due to over 90 days inactivity. I'm going to lose my number! WHAT??? 😠😱  It was done without any notice! I'm fine because it might be PM's policy to delete client's account without notice under certain circumstances.

The agents just keep telling me my number was in inactivity over 90 days, ignoring what I did in June. What they can offer is that I could order a new PM sim card and monthly plan, activated it and then make a request to switch to my old number but without any guarantee even my number is still held by PM. Moreover, I still can't make back to Canada in a short time for reasons.

Sorry for this long complaint and any emotional wording. I have been with PM since 2018, and I don't think I made any mistake except for being outside of Canada. Well, being trapped somewhere is not a wired thing!  @J_PM

15 REPLIES 15

ABNS

Yes, after another request, they finally offered the points to compensate my loyalty.

They also offered me some data and minutes to compensate my add-ons (as the exact ones are not available). I think it's okay.

No other credits was offered. I don't want to spend more time on this either. So I accepted it.

Thanks again! 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ABNS 

Really the escalations department should be giving you at least a free month credit to make up for the issues that public mobile has supplying service to its customers at times.

They are though compensating you for your years of loyalty as a credit within your account. The same as though you switch to public points on your own where you get one point for every month you've been a customer with public mobile? So if you have been with public mobile for 24 months they would credit your account with $24?

When their self-serve account system fails the customer they should be crediting you at least a credit of up to $50 in your new account. And it's safe to assume they did add the referral code that was on your previous account so that your referrer will continue to get their $1 reward?

ABNS

They can't put me back to the old reward system because it does not exist anymore. So yes, I'm on points program now (still take some time to set it up). It's not as good as the old program in my case (a very basic plan), but I'm glad to have the number back!

They used my previous funds to activate the new account. I only had fund for one month bill, so I would say, yes, I had them all back.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ABNS 

I'm very, very happy for you!, 🎇

And rewards? Previous available funds? Or are you on points now?

Glad to hear this adventure is over.

ABNS

final update:

The PM agent finally helped me set up a new account with my number! Thanks again for everyone's help!!!

ABNS

Update:

Nothing really happened.  Neither @CS_Agent nor @J_PM replied my private message or contacted me since the post. Stay tuned.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ABNS 

Did you take any screenshots? I can see how this could have occurred. If you suspended via lost/stolen before midnight eastern on or before day 30 of your cycle then your voicemail stays active. And if you had more in your available funds then your plan amount this is how you would have to suspend your account.

Previously once you resume your service via lost/stolen your account would automatically reactivate. But in the last 6 months or so since the beginning of the year at least I found accounts would not automatically reactivate once you resume your service instead you would have to either suspend again via lost/stolen, log out/in, resume again then it would reactivate or alternatively if I recall correctly you could log out after initially resuming your service via lost/stolen then log out/in and your account would reactivate. So it's quite possible that the messaging would disappear but your funds may not have been taken so if you went to your payment history it would not show your plan amount so you would have to perform the actions previously described.

Of course none of this is your fault this is the fault of a very glitchy account and trust me I just literally reactivated account that's a mess so the new self serve is not any better in fact I think it's worse but I digress....

Look in your private messages in a little while for one from me but I'll have to compose it off site because it's going to be a bit of a long one and I don't want to lose it due to the glitchiness of the private messaging system. So I'll copy and paste and send it to you. I must gather my thoughts but I will have some advice for you.

But you need to write down a timeline of the facts, the dates and the figures to the best of your knowledge of everything you did from the time you suspended in May and reactivated in June.

ABNS

Unfortunately, it's not really a solution to me.

ABNS

Thanks. No, my credit card was not charged in June. I had enough in my balance for another month bill after suspension (if everything was done right). I didn't get chance to check my credit card in time that's why I didn't realize the issue earlier.

ABNS

Some answers are yes, some answers are no. For some reasons, I needed to re-activate my number in June, so I know I did check back my account in June. I called my number from fongo and I have these records.

Yes, bad luck. It's a number ported to PM.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ABNS   do you have all the exact dates?  like when was it the first day of suspension, when did you attempt to reactivate and when was the 90 days deadline date?

if the phone number was originally from PM or Telus or Koodo , you have a chance to get it back with the help of PM , especially if it is still within couple days passed the  90 days of the deadline.  It will be slightly tricker if the number was ported into PM as it might have been returned back to the original carrier who had the number 

But you have done it the proper way,, you tagged Jade for escalation.  Maybe send Jade a private message and hope she can help.

Let us know how it turns out

@Timer- He said he has no account.

@ABNS- The timing doesn't sound right. If you renewed in late June and even did a test call and it went to voicemail and you did not self-suspend then late June to now is certainly less than 90 days. Are you sure you gave them the right account info? Do you have some proof on your phone of that June call? Do you have credit card proof of that June payment? Would it have been enough to pay for your plan?

@Timer wrote:

@ABNS 

use browser from computer,and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

or safari on private mode,To Login Page  then click Reactivate my plan and follow the steps to make manual payment this time.

@Timer 

what you suggested won't help

If you read it carefully, you would notice it was not a browser issue.  OP's account was already closed due to  over 90 days of suspension.  OP even discussed with CS agent about  that and OP was complaining the situation

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@ABNS 

so sorry for your face this issue. do you have anyone in canada can buy it for you a new SIM card and reactivated to get your number back.

Need Help? Let's chat.