cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not assigned number

warsame07
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have activated a new simcard ftom public mobile  and apparently rogers and affiliates  mobile  companies dont recognize my number.

SO I CAN'T GET AN INCOMING CALLS FROM ROGER'S PHONES . ITS SAYS NUMBER 

NOT ASSIGNED .

THIS IS RIDICULOUS 

7 REPLIES 7

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@warsame07 Your porting in will take some time to complete. you ll be able to make calls/texts/data but it always take some time to receive calls. Normal is couple of hours later than the ability to make calls. 

I m sure your previous provider's SIM is deactivated by now. So wait for couple of hours and test again.

Reboot the device.

If still a no go then contact support agents at CS_Agent to get this sorted out.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@warsame07 wrote:

I have activated a new simcard ftom public mobile  and apparently rogers and affiliates  mobile  companies dont recognize my number.

SO I CAN'T GET AN INCOMING CALLS FROM ROGER'S PHONES . ITS SAYS NUMBER 

NOT ASSIGNED .

THIS IS RIDICULOUS 

@warsame07  - if this was a porting over number from another cell provider, give it another few hours for porting to complete.

If this was a port from a landline/voip I would allow about 7 days to complete the port and allow any backend stuff to clear up until complete.

Otherwise, after this time period and still having issues, submit a ticket to Public Mobile Representatives (as we are all customers like you and do not have access to your account):

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@warsame07 

If you chose a new number at activation then the easiest solution is to simply change your number in your self serve account. You can do this up to 4 times per 30 days.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

0PX9O4

This doesn't sound like a porting issue to me. It sounds like the incoming calls are working in other cases, aside from the ones that come from Roger's customers.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@warsame07 

If you only recently activated, it's possible the port from your prior mobile provider has not yet completed. 

Incoming calls are usually the last of the calling services to work

Did you reply "yes" to the port authorization text if you were porting your number from another provider?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@warsame07 

do you get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number, or is not complete processing

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

0PX9O4

@warsame07 

Please contact CS Agent  by sending them a private message. This same problem has been reported by others recently, but CS was able to get it fixed.

Need Help? Let's chat.