cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not able to transfer data from galaxy j3 to galaxy s10

bigsur39
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will have to return my new phone to public mobile if I can't get it up and running. I can't get smart switch on my old phone and I need to find somewhere to buy a wire that can join my two phones together.

4 REPLIES 4

CGO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

get wifi then transfer data via Samsung cloud.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You could look for one of those USB drives having both connectors - USB and micro USB. Or micro SD card + micro USB adapter. I find them either great tool to do regular backups.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bigsur39   what is the trouble for installing Smart Switch on your J3?

make sure your J3 is all updated with the latest OS.  Then go to both Google Store and Samsung store to make sure all apps are updated.  Then try to update or install Smart Switch again

Even Smart Switch does not install, you don't really need it for phone migration.  You can backup all your contacts/message/etc to both Samsung cloud and Google cloud.  Then on S10, just restore them back from either cloud.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What problem are you running into regarding the Smart Switch app for your J3? I just checked on play store and the app only requires android 4.0 so you should be able to install it. 

This will be more work, but another option is to back things up to a computer and then transfer them to the new phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.