cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new tariff plans

sanchezz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello. I would like to know if there will be new tariff plans in the future? I would like more internet, but less minutes

10 REPLIES 10

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@sanchezz 

Essentially the talk and text portion of your plan is worth $10....$5 for talk and $5 for text and $10 for base 30 day plan. If you need more data schedule a change plan on next renewal to the $45/20gb plan. Public Mobile quietly eliminated their data only plan over 2 years ago. It was priced at $30/1gb of 4G speed data.

@popping haha.. actually, it is $10/m.  There is a a big chance to get 50% off (so $5) and a slight chance of 100% off ($0).  And sign for 2 years and you get a Samsung Tab A7Lite for free (kinda , $50 admin fee)

🙂

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sanchezz wrote:

thanks a lot for the detailed answers. I use a 15 GB tariff for $ 40, but I rarely call, I don't use SMS at all

@sanchezz 

We are living in a not perfect world. We have to live with what is available. 

Fido has tablet 4GB data only plan for $15/m.  Fido does not care whether you use you tablet SIM card in a phone.  You can only get the Fido tablet plan if you have a Fido call/text/data plan as a requirement to the tablet plan.  Most FIDO customers will get a free 4GB tablet plan if the customer has the required Fido call/text/data plan. 

I started with PM on a $45 5GB plan over 4 years ago and now the new $40 15GB plan.  With the old PM  reward system, I am paying $34 = $40 - $2 autopay - $4 after 4 years with PM.  For me, PM has the cheapest 15GB plan without doing anything.

Indeed, @sanchezz , not many people call nowadays, and that is something generally the “older” population prefers to do.

sanchezz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thanks a lot for the detailed answers. I use a 15 GB tariff for $ 40, but I rarely call, I don't use SMS at all

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sanchezz 

The current trend for mobile plan is more data and unlimited Canada wide minutes and unlimited text (SMS/MMS) messages.  PM is no exception in order to compete with other mobile providers.  Take a look what PM is offering in 4G plans.

How much data you are using  every 30 days?

From time to time, PM has promotion like $40 15GB data and $45 20GB data plans from Black Friday to Boxing week.  These plans are no longer offered for new activation. 

I just checked that  the 15GB and 20GB plan is still offered to the existing customer.  You can activate any 4G plan and schedule plan change to the 15GB or 20GB plans on you next renewal as you will be an existing customer after activation. 

YMMV as PM can remove the 15GB OR 20GB plans offer to the existing customers any time without notice. 

YMMV Before if you plan to switch plan, please ask whether these 2 plans is still offered to the existing customers.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@sanchezz 

I hear you but you must also realize there's a large percentage of PM customers (such as myself) who are happy with Canada wide calling, unlimited world wide texting but minimal data. I have the $15 plan with 250MB's data and find that's plenty. I haven't used up all the More is Merrier free data from 2 years ago yet.

Us seniors can take advantage of wifi at home or other locations.

In answer to your question...nobody in the Community has any more insight as to PM future plans than you do.

Best is to find the best plan here that'll work for you or find a better provider until PM catches up to your needs.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@sanchezz 

As unlimited data plans become the norm for the top tier providers (Bell, Rogers,  & Telus) the third tier providers like public mobile, lucky and chatr will up their data component as they have over the years. 

However, if you are a high data user requiring more than 20 GB per 30 days, your best to go with a first or second tier provider.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sanchezz we don't know. it might introduce plans with more data, but likely won't change with minutes as most plans are unlimited calling. 

but PM has been taking away those with lot s of data and $$$$ plans maybe PM wants to focus with low and mid-range plans

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@sanchezz @No one has a crystal  ball to know what  plans  that may or may not come at anytime 

Need Help? Let's chat.