Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new sim card for a promotion

theonemirror
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i have an account for $15 a month.
I did it for a trial
I was told(lied to) that I could use this promo code to get a new account after I did a trial
I entered the code and it says invalid

12MONTHS2GB
https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/2GBBONUS#

The agent I chatted with for new clients said the promo wasn't for people who already had a plan, I couldn't upgrade.
What I want to know is, if I get a sim card, can I get the promotion.

7 REPLIES 7

@theonemirror   Do you have family or friend with PM already?  If so you can use their referral code to take advantage of a promo for both parties to receive $25 account credit ($5/cycle over 5 months of active service) as long as you activate the new account by 30th Sept.

theonemirror

" unless you port out your current number while it's active and then port it back in"

Too much trouble.

I'm lucky I only gave the number to a few relatives.

They can learn my new new number LOL.

Thanks again

@theonemirror   Sorry, unfortunately, unless you port out your current number while it's active and then port it back in after setting up the new activation, you will not be able to use your current number for the new account.

theonemirror

My month expires Oct 5.

If I get a new sim, can I change the phone number on the old one before I stop paying for it, and the use the phone number from he old sim on the new sim?

Thank all of you for your quick relpies.

I really am a newbie to mobile phone services(I've been using them as a tablets for 10 yrs)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@theonemirror who told you about the trail thing?? 

amd if you need 2GBBonus, you need to have a new account, with new number, and you need to pay for a new PM sim card

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@theonemirror , the promo is for new accounts only and if you get a plan that is $25 or more.  

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@theonemirror   CS Agent was correct as the bonus data is only ever for new activations, plus you need to activate on at least $25+ plan or sometimes $35+ plans depending upon the promotion.

edit:  yes you can activate a new account and get the bonus data, but make sure you activate with the right plan (qualifying). 

Need Help? Let's chat.