cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new preowned phone will not turn on

dan2joc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I have been a public mobile client for over a year now.  My old phone is broken and not working great - I decided to order a new preowned phone from public mobile.  I assumed I can just move the same sim card over to the new phone?  The phone came with a new sim card, however I want to keep my old sim card/account and number and just insert into new phone - is this ok?

Also  -the new phone will not turn on - I charged it and it is flashing the iphone icon and will not go on.  I tried with and without old sim card in the phone - both do not work.  I tried to troubleshoot on iphone webside and it seems as though the phone does not have ios loaded on it?  Do I return this phone?

thanks

Joce

18 REPLIES 18

dan2joc

ok thanks

dan2joc

wow

dan2joc

did this - won't work.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Give me a break.  Really?

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Force restart iPhone 8 or iPhone SE (2nd generation and later)

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

CountyDownIeUk_0-1660417732790.png

You need to set your priorities I guess.....you bought the pre owned phone....it’s not like brand new out of box. And you might need to familiarize yourself with it. 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

You can also try a reboot, hard boot or a DFU. 

Newer iPhones require to press 2 buttons to turn off. 

@Timer wrote:

@dan2joc 

you just switch old sim card and insert in new phone.

contact support team by private message CS_Agent  to get returnd info.

Hey ....... try to extract more information from OP if you can’t provide a solution with what is stated. Instead of continually suggesting to contact a CSA sit back and watch the qualified and good responses and educate yourself. 

dan2joc

It says that this should be done for me- no?  I am a busy mother of 3 - no time for this.

dan2joc

Iphone 8 - preowned.  The apple icon flashes on as if it will turn on then flashes to black screen - continues to do this over and over.  I tried a "manual" restart and nothing changed. Just will not turn on

dan2joc

thanks will give it a go

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@dan2joc...

plug your phone into your computer and iTunes.

Make sure to have the latest software upgrades.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Preowned phones come with a SIM....all there for a new customer. 

Use your existing SIMIn the new phone. Keep other SIM as a backup or to solicit a referral.  

An iPhone should turn off and on with SIM in or out. 

Hold the on button until you see the Apple on the screen and let the boot up finish. 

What iPhone model did you buy?

What exactly is flashing?

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dan2joc to return your phone you will need to open a ticket, to speak to a customer service agent    Click here or if you are having issues with Simon you can send private message to a CS Agent here:  https://bit.ly/2GGCJzH

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dan2joc  -

Yes, you can just remove your old sim card and insert it in the new phone, if the sim slots are the same size.

Check the sizes. If different you can add or remove the outer adapters from the new sim card you received (or old one if going smaller) to make it fit in the new phone.

Can you upload the new ios software to the new device?

if you are not happy with your purchase or would like inquire you can contact CSA by two ways.

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

1. Yes. Keep the new other sim for referrals or a spare.

2. Sounds like it. So much for all the quality control they tout around here.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@dan2joc 

you just switch old sim card and insert in new phone.

contact support team by private message CS_Agent  to get returnd info.

Need Help? Let's chat.