cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new phone old SIM card

Juni
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I upgrade to an unlocked iPhone 12 from an iPhone 6 can I simply put my SIM card in my new phone?

6 REPLIES 6

@Camera4617 wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

Yes, that's exactly you will need to do. All your contacts, messages, Apps and other files will sync from your iCloud account. 

That depends on what you were syncing with iCloud. Apple has pretty good way of transferring old phone settings to new one that you might have already done. As for SIM, it is just simple switch as others mentioned. 

If syncing was off on the old phone, it's a matter of toggling the turn on button.

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@NDesai wrote:

Yes, that's exactly you will need to do. All your contacts, messages, Apps and other files will sync from your iCloud account. 

That depends on what you were syncing with iCloud. Apple has pretty good way of transferring old phone settings to new one that you might have already done. As for SIM, it is just simple switch as others mentioned. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Juni the SIM card  is attached to the public mobile account and your phone number...not the phone itself. Switch away.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

yes, they both use nano-SIM

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Juni : That's it. I'll leave any Apple particulars to Apple folks.

Need Help? Let's chat.