cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my service is not working

omiwole71
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my service stop working, i can not make phone call or received. it is telling me i do not have active long distance and should add on to my account which i have alredy did, i have %53 dollar balace in my account

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I've seen a few people in the community have issues with iPhone 6/6S where the antenna connection would fail spontaneously.  I don't recall seeing this for 5/5S before but that's not to say they may not also be susceptible too.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kammannbro do you recall anything happening recently with the phone, such as dropping it?

It sounds to me like signal is impaired, and this is likely a physical issue.  Probable cause would include the antenna connector popping out or a connection being fractured due to impact.  To be honest, I think only Apple will be able to properly diagnose and troubleshoot.

We could go into field test mode and look at RSSI and RPSP and RPSQ values, but those cause more confusion and aren't of much help for most people...

srlawren

@Kammannbro are there any carrier updates available on your phone?  This is something separate from the iOS updates.  I'm going to tag @CalgaryBen and @Luddite to see if they can provide any other guidance.

If that doesn't fix it, you may need to take your phone to an Apple store and have them test it or something.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

popping

@Kammannbro wrote:

My public mobile was working great intel around Friday Nov 23 ruffly I updated my iPhone5s phone at the beginning of the month now I’m dropping signals, I can’t call or text or receive calls, if I watch my phone signal bar it’s constantly doing a count down starting at full all the way down intel it says no service? I checked with my wife’s phone my sim works great in her phone, dam apple are saying the my service provider/public mobile is responsible for updating there crashing update?? SIM card works and my wife’s phone is a iPhone 5 with apples new update iOS 12.1 and I’m on iphone5 S same iOS 12.1?

You proved to youself that it is the hardware issue - not PM service issue.

Is your iPhone 5S still under warranty?

iOS 12 No Service or Keep Searching Service? How to Fix

https://www.imobie.com/support/ios-12-no-service.htm

Kammannbro
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My public mobile was working great intel around Friday Nov 23 ruffly I updated my iPhone5s phone at the beginning of the month now I’m dropping signals, I can’t call or text or receive calls, if I watch my phone signal bar it’s constantly doing a count down starting at full all the way down intel it says no service? I checked with my wife’s phone my sim works great in her phone, dam apple are saying the my service provider/public mobile is responsible for updating there crashing update?? SIM card works and my wife’s phone is a iPhone 5 with apples new update iOS 12.1 and I’m on iphone5 S same iOS 12.1?

mimmo

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

In addition to trying the reboot, can you let us know what you see on your self serve account view? 

PublicMobileAdm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Turn your phone off completely for at least 15 seconds and then turn it back on again. 

Need Help? Let's chat.