cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my "Public Mobile" ph is unable to call my friends "Telus" ph . What is going on ?

Sam15
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Details: Every time I call my friend (a telus customer) i get directed to his voice mail,, his phone never rings when i call him 

My Text message to him are received sporadically,  about half of my text messages are getting through to him but  most of his text messages to me are getting through .. Very Frustrating !  

im starting to wonder how many other people I've called over the years ,  resulted in my attempt to call them,  go strait to voice mail ,  without first ringing their phone ?? 

As far as we know none of our phone are set to "block" anyone,   we can receive voice calls from anybody else without difficulty , just not between us .

What is going on ?? please help 

I have have been on Public Mobile for a few years now . My phone is a Google Pixel 4

Thank you 

Sam 

6 REPLIES 6

HI @Sam15   It sounds more likely the problem on his end and not yours

Since he is on Telus , they have a live support service, it is better to ask him to open a ticket with Telus and trace from there.   

Sam15

Hi RossN

Ok .. I have him check his setting / delete then add me as a contact 

thanks for that recommendation.. 

Sam  

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

In a different direction but possibly related, I'm having a problem with people calling in to my phone. The caller gets dead air and then it disconnects. No voicemail. No ring. An old Telus PAYG, an old Telus prepaid, a Koodo postpaid and my other two accounts with Public get this. But other providers get through just fine. I've tested Fido, Shaw Mobile and TextNow.

No resolution yet. I'm getting deeper into the tech team with Telus.

Sam15

but he can recive calls from other people without difficulty .. 

Is their a "selective" ,  "do not disturb"  setting   ? 

Thanks. 

Sam  

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Sam15 sounds like an issue on his end maybe he has dnd on get him to check his settings and maybe delete and add your name and number in his contacts again 

Sam15

I forgot to say that his ph can call me without any problems .  I just can never call him.  

Need Help? Let's chat.